Tv Over Satellite Options For Expats?

johnw100

Registered
Hi

I`m wondering if anyone has bought a satellite system over here to receive any English speaking channels? I`ve noticed quite a few large satellites on houses around my area, and wondered what they are picking up. I`m after nothing in particular but would be nice to get news, sports , tv series in English, I cant hack Argentine tv. Although the English premier league coverage on fox and espn I cant complain about.

Thanks

J

Direct TV has a number of English language channels including BBC and CNN as well as a number of entertainment channels like Sony and Warner Brothers. Many of the movie channels are in original language.

Also many of the international channels like Discovery are in dual language.

with telecentro the hd channels tend to have dual language but sd ones tend to be dubbed.

I'm pretty happy with DirecTV. I do wish they'd allow English speaking commentating for their NFL games on FoxSports, but I suppose you can't have it all. :) (That's probably the network's decision anyway, since ESPN does often let you listen to the english language broadcast.) All the movie channels are in English and most of the series as well. Anything that's dubbed you're usually able to switch to SAP and listen in English.

Back