Twinnings Tea Despite Ban On Imported Products

Jeanne Davis

Registered
Have heard that Ralph Lauren, Armani, and other companies that get their stock from outside Argentina have left the country. Also that one can't get imported cheese here, or some parts for some appliances such as fridges, or Cheerios... Yet I see Twinnings tea for sale at my local Carrefour. Any idea why it gets in the country? (Or maybe it's just really really old stock???)

You also see Starbucks on ever corner, 1000s bars full of Absolut and Grey Goose, and VW, Toyotas and BMW driving down the streets. You can still import goods, its just difficult.

You can get imported cheese in most grocery stores, selection isn't great though.

The guys who import Twinings , an old family company called R y H Luis SA , also export some stuff so they are able to get some imports allowed.

But they have problems getting the quantity they want - You can be safe knowing that theb Twinings stock in the supermarkets is new stock.

I would if I could afford it.
My PG Tips are locked away in a safe somewhere in the cellar.

This year 11% more luxury cars were imported to Argentina than last year. If you look at the numbers, importation has gone up (as well as national production). A lot of smoke and mirrors.

Twinings is sooo expensive here. I get mine sent over from England.

Back