U.S. Drivers License

jeff1234

Registered
I've been renewing my Florida license since I left there. Since I don't have an address in Fla my license has my sister-in-laws address in Illinois. It's up for renewal again and I'm thinking that after 7 years this scheme might not be the best way to maintain a US license.

The easiest thing to do is to go online and renew my Fla license with the Illinois address.

Or I could make a special trip to Illinois and apply for a license there.

Or I could just use my Arg license whenever I'm in the US or elsewhere.

Or I could get an international license.

Any suggestions?

........It's up for renewal again......
If you hold a Florida driver license that was issued in 2002 or later, you can renew in one of three ways: etc. etc.

......Am I Eligible to Renew Online?
Not everyone can renew their Florida driver license online. Florida drivers are allowed a one-time “convenience” renewal (meaning renewing online or by mail), but if you have already used one of these methods, you will be required to renew in person.

Last edited:
Since I don't have an address in Fla my license has my sister-in-laws address in Illinois.

This is very unusual. I believe, when you move out of state, you are supposed to normalize your situation with driver license, car registration, etc. within three months. There are some exceptions for students and military personnel. Who knows maybe Florida is more relaxed in these matters.

Or I could make a special trip to Illinois and apply for a license there.

You are likely to become a subject to Illinois's state taxes.

Or I could get an international license.

So called "International license" is actually a supplement to your regular license. US driving license is accepted worldwide anyway.

Back