UBER

And to argue with a guy that wants a couple of hundred pesos to walk the bags to the car that I am capable of walking myself. Although, I have used Taxi Ezeiza and the prices are what they quote, no extra charges. I like their service and have never had an issue with them (I think Ceviche did once), but at the moment Uber is around half the price.

While going from Palermo to Ezeiza, I usually hail the taxi with a whisk of my finger. And pay 1000 pesos flat rate including tolls.

While coming from Ezeiza to Palermo, I use Transfer express which is 1750 pesos.

I quit using remis from Palermo to Ezeiza as any times they arrive too early ( and try to make me start my journey earlier) or come too late. Also, they dont agree to my route preference as they do this whole day long and have their preferred route.

I don't use UBER from Palermo to Ezeiza as they often call me asking me where I am going, usually don;t know the routes and depend heavily on GPS. And because there are at least 4 different routes from Palermo to Ezeiza ( and if one is in a hurry), a experienced taxi driver makes a HUGE difference.

I dont use Taxi Ezeiza from Ezeiza as they have higher charges if paying via credit card. Transfer express is right after customs. Nice clean cars and mostly friendly experienced drivers. ( once in a while, I do meet some ass who insists on taking the worst route).

Recently, around 2 months ago, the Taxi mafia from Ezeiza has been eliminated. They used to bully and demand higher rates. Now the taxis stand in queue like any world airport. Will test it some day and report.

I am not a Argentina UBER fan ( I am a huge fan of UBER in USA or Brazil & a Grab fan in Asia). The UBER drivers here are really dumb asses. They insist that I sit in front. They like to pry on my phone. They get lost very easily, whie driving. When arriving at the airport, they fumble to retrieve the ticket from the ticket machine and seem to get lost when trying to choose between A and C terminal. Yes, if one is broke or poor, its the cheapest option.

While going from Palermo to Ezeiza, I usually hail the taxi with a whisk of my finger. And pay 1000 pesos flat rate including tolls.

While coming from Ezeiza to Palermo, I use Transfer express which is 1750 pesos.

I quit using remis from Palermo to Ezeiza as any times they arrive too early ( and try to make me start my journey earlier) or come too late. Also, they dont agree to my route preference as they do this whole day long and have their preferred route.

I don't use UBER from Palermo to Ezeiza as they often call me asking me where I am going, usually don;t know the routes and depend heavily on GPS. And because there are at least 4 different routes from Palermo to Ezeiza ( and if one is in a hurry), a experienced taxi driver makes a HUGE difference.

I dont use Taxi Ezeiza from Ezeiza as they have higher charges if paying via credit card. Transfer express is right after customs. Nice clean cars and mostly friendly experienced drivers. ( once in a while, I do meet some ass who insists on taking the worst route).

Recently, around 2 months ago, the Taxi mafia from Ezeiza has been eliminated. They used to bully and demand higher rates. Now the taxis stand in queue like any world airport. Will test it some day and report.

I am not a Argentina UBER fan ( I am a huge fan of UBER in USA or Brazil & a Grab fan in Asia). The UBER drivers here are really dumb asses. They insist that I sit in front. They like to pry on my phone. They get lost very easily, whie driving. When arriving at the airport, they fumble to retrieve the ticket from the ticket machine and seem to get lost when trying to choose between A and C terminal. Yes, if one is broke or poor, its the cheapest option.
I have used a taxi since they started waiting outside across the road. I did not want to go on the meter so negotiated with the driver beforehand how much it would cost. It was about the same as Taxi Ezeiza.

I have never once had a proble with an Uber driver not knowing where they are going (the app is centered around GPS?). Although, they do get confused between terminals when going to the ariport. I find taxi drivers are the worst for getting lost. In the center of the city they are excellent, but start moving to the outer barrios and they are a complete disaster and I am tired of having to explain how to navigate Villa del Parque, Devoto, Versalles, Liniers etc.

Without doubt the worst thing about Uber is when they want you to sit in the front. Some will even message before pickup and ask. I can live with it (it's just a seat at the end of the day), but I would prefer to be in the back.

Without doubt the worst thing about Uber is when they want you to sit in the front. Some will even message before pickup and ask. I can live with it (it's just a seat at the end of the day), but I would prefer to be in the back.

Worst has been for me ( when UBER arrived in Arg) and I committed the huge folly of using them. I tried to use them while going on dates or when traveling for a business meeting with my female secretary and they insisted I sit on front. It got ugly a few times. And I just quit it after that.

Thanks Ceviche, excellent information. The only time I booked a remise to Ezeiza I had exactly the problem you mention, I didn't know it was a systematic thing.

I didn't know about Transfer Express, though I haven't traveled through Ezeiza for about a year, we'll be going there next month so I'll look out for them. I wish it were possible to reserve and pay online with either Taxi Ezeiza or Transfer Express, it would be much less hassle when arriving there.

And I wish the taxi mafia could be cleared out of the Buquebus terminal in Puerto Madero as well, they want 2-3 times the regular price, forcing most foot passengers to walk 3 blocks up Av. Cordoba to find a taxi that will use the taximeter.

Thanks Ceviche,

I didn't know about Transfer Express. I wish it were possible to reserve and pay online withTransfer Express, it would be much less hassle when arriving there.

No big deal Frank. Just arrive at EZE. As soon as you clear the customs, it is the first window. The biggest one. There are few other vendors but with experience, I found Transfer Express is the BEST. They accept any credit card, dont ask too many questions about anything and usually have great drivers. If you arrive with cash, its the safest option...instead of venturing out alone looking for a taxi or UBER with pockets full of cash.

Back