Uk Artist And Designer Back In Buenos Aires

Korova

Registered
Hi everyone,

My name is Jamie and I'm new to BA Expats. I've recently just arrived back in Buenos Aires after spending the last 18 months back in my native United Kingdom.

A bit about my history with Buenos Aires: I first visited here in 2009 and again in 2011. I relocated here for a year to be with my Argentine girlfriend in 2012. We both left for London (my previous domicile of 10 years) at the end of 2013. Now we are both back here, living in microcentro and we intend to make our stay permanent.

A bit about me: I'm a 35 year old Graphic Designer and artist and a qualified teacher of English (CELTA). My level of Spanish is what you might call "preliminary" (I had classes in the UK), but I'm continuing to build on that. Right now I'm actively seeking employment in the teaching field (I have a lot of experience here), but I'm also hoping to connect with other artists and designers to collaborate with- I'm not really fishing for paid work (although that would be a bonus, of course), just the chance to hang out and work with like-minds (there's link to my website on my profile to give you some kind of idea of what I do). It would be a great experience for me, as I normally work on my own and I'd love to have other people around me to bounce ideas around. So if that sounds interesting to anyone here then give me a bell.

Other than that, it would just be nice to hang out and meet up with some of you guys on here: I'm not sure how it really works, if there are "get together" type events, so please feel free to fill me in if you have any advice where that's concerned or if there is anything upcoming. I don't know a hell of a lot of people here, so I'm definitely looking to broaden my social circle.

So if any of the above sounds of interest to anyone, or if you have any advice for places to make contact with then hit me up :)

Thanks and I'm looking forward to becoming part of the community here.

Jamie

Thanks, I'll be there. Will RVSP on the coffee chat thread :)

Check out the design fair starting tomorrow in La Rural! You could make connections there!

http://www.batravelguide.com/2015/05/feria-purodiseno-2015.html

That's awesome, Serefina :) Thank you, will check out for sure!

Back