UK election night

Pabs

Registered
Does anyone know of any events tomorrow night to watch the UK election results?

I know there was stuff for the US election but can't really find anything for this one.

Thanks!

If your a brit try the embassey. i have heard that in the past they have had some kind of do. Including a straw poll of all in atendance.
Never been only heard..... but its worth a try.

I'm dreaming of a hung parliament ..
. just like the ones i never knew
May the politicians listen to you.
And may all their promises come true.

Looks like it's going to go right down to the wire.

Tories 73 short with 136 results to come. Looking like they'll just fall short of an outright majority.

David Cameron wants to be the next "El Presidente"... but seems that N. Clegg too...

Do will Gordie stand down or will be pushed down by his constituency to let N. Glegg be the new "El Presidente" so the Labor Party with this move will continue in power?....

What a dilemma no?

Lucas said:
David Cameron wants to be the next "El Presidente"... but seems that N. Clegg too...

Do will Gordie stand down or will be pushed down by his constituency to let N. Glegg be the new "El Presidente" so the Labor Party with this move will continue in power?....

What a dilemma no?

You should worry, last time the Conservatives were in we were at war.
There could only be a Margeret Thatcher with the consersatives.

BTW the job is Prime Minister not president.

tangobob said:
You should worry, last time the Conservatives were in we were at war.
There could only be a Margeret Thatcher with the consersatives.

BTW the job is Prime Minister not president.

I know that tangobob, just was a tongue-in-cheek definition...by the way this negotiations is going on now maybe for Monday we will all know the result of all this debacle.

I am perplexed as why the UK election outcome of a minority government is characterized as a cause of concern. I am a citizen of parliamentary democracy very similar to the UK system and I have lived under many instances of minority govt and also majority gvmt. I will tell you from experience that minority gvmt is the best form of gvmt as the possibility of a failed vote of confidence in the gvmt at any time keeps all the MPs on their toes! The result is fair and balanced legislation gets passed. Very little corruption happens, there is little to no boondoggle funds for bridges to nowhere. The individual MPs actually get a lot more power to exercise in the gvmt as every vote in the house counts; as opposed to a majority gvmt where the prime minister's office rules the party like a dictator.

All this being said about the benefits of minority gvmt, there are cases like in Italy where the complete fracturing of parties into hundreds of sub-parties represented in the gvmt, results in deadlock (too many chiefs, and not enough indians). In the case of the UK, there are only a handful of parties so the Italian problem will not exist.

Back