UK riots

Gringoboy

Registered
The turn of the disenfranchised? Has their time come at last?
I'm a Brit and frankly appalled to see what is happening in London and now elsewhere in the UK.
Perhaps the bubble has finally burst with the Police cuts, the lack of real prospects for those on lower incomes, not to mention those who serve Big macs with honours degrees.
I'm so glad that the Police in my country are NOT armed.

Yeah, the disenfranchised are looting for body building powder, computer games and trainers according to the pics proudly posted on facebook....

As a friend pointed out by mail its only Currys and the like that has been looted . The bookshops have been left untouched . Kind of speaks for itself

This is a huge story and one that will change the history of the United kingdom . The government there is preparing for martial law the first time in their history .

esllou said:
join the queue of those making pathetic excuses for opportunistic theft. Congrats.
You completely missed my point.
I make no excuses for any of this;in the thugs' view, they see their circumstances as a God given right to behave this way and it sickens me to the core. They are no more than animals and should be treated as such.
Take a look at this and you will be deeply saddened:
http://www.tntmagazine.com/tnt-toda...oy-injured-in-riots-robbed-by-gang-video.aspx

Gringoboy said:
You completely missed my point.
I make no excuses for any of this;in the thugs' view, they see their circumstances as a God given right to behave this way and it sickens me to the core. They are no more than animals and should be treated as such.
Take a look at this and you will be deeply saddened:
http://www.tntmagazine.com/tnt-toda...oy-injured-in-riots-robbed-by-gang-video.aspx

just seemed that your post was veering dangerously into apologist territory. When looters are stepping out of shops saying things like "we're getting our taxes back", all bets are off. :)

I understand very well, that people get angry when on one side the funding for education gets reduced to a point where schools are unable to prepare people for a job, and on the other side investment bankers with enormously high wages (especially when put into relation with the low/zero value creation of investment banking) get to keep their jobs since the government spends billions on them without making them take any responsibility.
It is wrong to assume that all those people who have no job have a lack of interest in having one. We all saw how those suburbs turned into very bad environments. Don't understand me wrong, everybody is responsible for his actions and those people should be punished. But it is wrong to say that they do this because they suck/are lazy/etc.. Maybe 10% are like that. They need the other 90% though, who, due to lack of perspective, anger, etc., are willing to join them.
You can't go and tell people that they are living in a country based on justice, equality and whatever if politicians and powerful people are showing the opposite most of the time. Of course they think: "If they don't stick to the rules, why should we?". IMHO a society can't just exist based on written laws, it also needs ethics.

This isn't about taxes, these thugs are forcing people to strip and give the clothes off their backs!!! Beginning to wish they'd wander into a "sharia controlled zone"...

How legitimate some of their complaints may be (institutionalised racism in the police force, meager job prospects and low social mobility), there is no excuse for breaking the law and use violence / destroy / rob private property. Start a political party, protest peacefully, hold petitions et cetera et cetera.

Back