Unable to get money from MoneyGram

mary123199

Registered
Hi, I went to Banco Itau today to get money sent to me thru MoneyGram and since my tourist visa expired about a month ago, I was unable to get the money.:(

The teller asked when my last entrance to the country was, checked my passport and told me "sorry, we can't give you any money, you only have 90 days to stay here legally". And I had to wait for over 1.5 hours just to have the teller tell me this!

I hope this post helps somebody at least avoid the long wait at the bank.;)

ok, thats total bullshit. try one of these 2 places, they are the MAGUIEXPRESS chain of places.
av. corrientes 2330 (gal. internac., loc 100)
or
av pueyrredon 768

mary123199 said:
Hi, I went to Banco Itau today to get money sent to me thru MoneyGram and since my tourist visa expired about a month ago, I was unable to get the money.:(

The teller asked when my last entrance to the country was, checked my passport and told me "sorry, we can't give you any money, you only have 90 days to stay here legally". And I had to wait for over 1.5 hours just to have the teller tell me this!

I hope this post helps somebody at least avoid the long wait at the bank.;)
If you go to the moneygram website and pick a another location that is not Banco Itau or another bank, you will find that they dont check or care about your visa.

I think if you are over your 90 day visa they are unable to allow money receipt transfers,cambio etc. I was rejected at Banco Piano 'cause I couldn't prove my perm residency, and my passport dosn't show a valid entry stamp less than 90 days....

Back