Undergraduate Enrollment at UBA

kmbeeman

Registered
I already have an undergraduate liberal arts degree from the States, but would like to study textile and print design at UBA. I was just wondering if anyone knows whether or not I should expect to start all over again (i.e. another four years in university) or if they would let me bypass some courses?
I am planning on getting in touch with someone there this week, but if you have any advice or experience you'd like to share, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

No, sorry, your question is too many specific. The only who can give you an answer of that its the University, just ask them.

I going through the same process more or less. You should definitely contact them as soon as possible to get the ball rolling. You will need to have your degree and transcripts apostilized, then translated by UBA. You have to schedule this, which is why it is very important to start early.

Also, you will most likely have to deal with the CBC:

http://www.cbc.uba.ar/index.html

It looks like you would be in the Facultad de Arquitectura, Deseño, and Ubanismo, whose requirements are:

http://www.cbc.uba.ar/dat/cbc/materias.html#ARQU

You may be able to skip courses like "Introducción al Pensamiento Científico" etc. since you already have a degree, especially if your degree is in something similar. But as far as I know they are generally pretty strict about all UBA students completing the CBC. And, you can't take any course within the "carrera" until you complete the CBC.

But, as OutLaw said, only UBA can tell you the official answer.

If in the end, you find it isn't worth it, you might try enrolling in a MA program if they have it. They seem to be much less strict and will allow you to take courses in the "carrera" if you don't already have the background. At least that's how it *seems* to be in Filosofia y Letras.

Good luck and let us know what you find out!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 1
S Expat Life 4
T Expat Life 10
Back