Underground Dance Clubs In Buenos Aires

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
One of the things I miss about NYC, London, Munchen, etc were the underground dance clubs. Particular DJ's got a following and we'd hit the clubs on certain nights when we knew the music would rock.

BsAs has a growing puerto cerrado scene for eating. However, I can't find much of anything about similar underground dance clubs that feature Electro House music.

What do you guys know? What's hot and when? Looking for something a bit more mature than the 20-30 crowd.

GS (dancing in my living room to Daav One)

There is a place or was a place that was in a basement off of 9 de julio. It was literally underground.

GS_DB There is a big underground scene in BA. I used to be part of it many years ago, had friends organizing the parties, DJs, etc. However through the years I lost track of almost everyone :p I can attest there has always been a big underground scene.

Yep. Moving from this ...

Country%20Boy_zpsgcanycwj.jpg

to this ...

Jeff%20Buon_zpsrwksymdl.jpg

start here- there are tons of clubs and events listed- some are regular weekly events, others pop-ups. You gotta go see DJ's, to find out about the scene- lots of times when you are at a show, there will be people passing out cards for something that is coming up, below the radar. And if you figure out which DJ's you like, then follow them on facebook and instagram, you will then find out about the shows that are underground.
virtually nobody actually advertises, or sends in listings in advance to places like vuenosaires- so its word of mouth, and facebook posts that tell you on the day of the show- you gotta follow the DJ's on social media. I will find a musician or DJ i like, then see who they follow on facebook, who they play on the same bill with, who they are friends with- then track down those people, see where they are playing, and so on. Its detective work.

http://www.buenosaliens.com/

Well considering Anibal has decided to show his face again maybe it's starting back up.

Yep. Moving from this ...

Country%20Boy_zpsgcanycwj.jpg

to this ...

Jeff%20Buon_zpsrwksymdl.jpg
LMAO for those unfamiliar with it, the second pic is what we in the busisness call the 1000 yard stare :p..... you only get it after living in Argentina long enough , so take notes you rookies! :cool:

And for what is that stare used? I'm not sure if I'd want to laugh or be scared if I saw it!

Back