Unlock Cell Phone

alexc7787

Registered
Hi Everyone! Does anyone know where in the city I could go to get my US cell phone unlocked? I have a phone with me here and I want to sell it, its in perfect condition-like new but its a US cell phone company and I want to sell it so it needs to be unlocked first.

Let me know if you can help me out!!!!!

There are a lot of places that can unlock phones but it depends on the make and model if it can be unlocked and/or if it will work with the bands that are used in Argentina. I believe the usual fee is about 40 pesos but some places will ask you to leave it overnight. There is a place inside the Palermo train station that used to do it. Don't know if they are still there.

Personally, I would do a little research on the Internet to see if it is worth your while to unlock it.

Good Luck.

If you happen to have a way to call the states for free (I use skype unlimited World), just call your service provider in the states and explain to them that you need the unlock code and instructions for your phone. I did it from here, with Tmobile and it was fine. Tmobile will unlock their customers phones for free for international usage as a service, I'm not sure about other specific companies, but I know a couple friends that have done the same thing, no problem

I found a place around Suipacha and Paraguay that unlocks phones quite cheaply - 30 pesos for a Nokia. I can't find the address of the store at the moment, but it's the only cell phone store near that intersection. They were friendly and helpful.

Back