Unlocking a cellphone?

Gringoboy

Registered
I've just been given a mobile by my brother who was visiting, which is locked to Vodafone UK who are not being terribly helpful in supplying an unlock code.
As I understand things, it's not illegal to unlock/liberate a phone so I'm not sure what the problem is.
Anyone have any experience in this area? I've been directed to a number of backstreet 'pibes', but my first impression is thst I wasn't entirely sure if I'd ever see the phone again :)
Cheers

you can unlock most cellphones by yourself - you only need a key which can be found with goggle (in special forums) for a lot of models. I have done this with my Nokia 1100 without a problem for using other SIM.

But be careful - even you will do it with "pibes" because you will have only 3 times to use a key. if all 3 keys are not valid your phone will be death for any use !!!

I unlocked a Palm Treo 750 using software on the internet. But there are lots of shops (on big avenues like Santa Fe and Cabildo that say they unlock phones. But I never heard of the three strikes and you are locked rule, sounds nasty.

And make sure you get a receipt if you leave your phone for any reason. Most shopkeepers here are wonderfully honest, but some are fucking thieves.

Good luck.

Thanks people.
Don't really want the thing going bang after three shots:)
Btw, it's a Palm Treo 500v (similar to yours WRE). Can't find that software on the net. Would you mind PM me with a link if that's OK.
Thanks very muchly.

Back