Unusual Psychologists In Bsas

Londontraveller

Registered
Hi there

I'm a London-based travel writer coming down to BsAs in a few months to do a piece for a UK travel magazine, the hook for which is psychologists and psychoanalyis in the capital.

Now I have to say straight away this is absolutely not a dig at, or trying to make fun of, those who practice this or go to see one - it's just showing a different side to BsAs life that a foreign reader probably wouldn't know about.

I wonder if I could pick your brains for help on three fronts

One - I'm wondering if there is a "celeb" psychoanalyst who is well known on TV? Or at least a high end one who sees politicians and bankers? (And who speaks English! My Spanish can just about cope with an omlette and a cortado).

And secondly I'm looking for unusual or quirky ones - perhaps a taxi driver who is also one, or a tango teacher, or a barman, or an artist etc etc etc

And lastly (and I hesitate while typing this but the editor has asked for this) a dog pyschologist!

I would be massively grateful for any assistance.

It's almost 6 years since I was last in Argentina and I can't wait to be back, one of my favourite places.

Kind regards and many thanks in advance for any leads

Hi,

Just saw your post and can probably help. I'm a Londoner that is about to open a boutique bed and breakfast here in Alto Palermo. The place is an Art Deco "Petit Hotel", built at the end of the 30's, all stained glass, marble staircases and oak floors. The area is colloquially known as Villa Freud, due to the extraordinarily high incidence of psychiatrists offices. I bought it from the legendary Thilda Abucheam, a 90 year old freudian psychiatrist (still practicing) who has treated the great and the good of BA society and politics. She doesn't do dogs, but strangely there are lots of people that do! PM me if you still need assistance,

Miles

Hi there

I'm a London-based travel writer coming down to BsAs in a few months to do a piece for a UK travel magazine, the hook for which is psychologists and psychoanalyis in the capital.

Now I have to say straight away this is absolutely not a dig at, or trying to make fun of, those who practice this or go to see one - it's just showing a different side to BsAs life that a foreign reader probably wouldn't know about.

I wonder if I could pick your brains for help on three fronts

One - I'm wondering if there is a "celeb" psychoanalyst who is well known on TV? Or at least a high end one who sees politicians and bankers? (And who speaks English! My Spanish can just about cope with an omlette and a cortado).

And secondly I'm looking for unusual or quirky ones - perhaps a taxi driver who is also one, or a tango teacher, or a barman, or an artist etc etc etc

And lastly (and I hesitate while typing this but the editor has asked for this) a dog pyschologist!

I would be massively grateful for any assistance.

It's almost 6 years since I was last in Argentina and I can't wait to be back, one of my favourite places.

Kind regards and many thanks in advance for any leads

You will want to consult Mariano Ben Plotkin's Freud on the Pampas: the Emergence and Development of a Psychoanalytic Culture in Argentina, published by Stanford University Press (2001).

Back