URGENT!!! CUIL & Residencia Precaria

Gonzo

Registered
I just had an interview with a credible IT company. I almost have the job, & of course they require the proper documents.

I told them my Work Visa was in "tramites".

(1) December 1st I applied for the Argentine Criminal History Report (should be ready to pick up at the comiseria).

(2) December 16th I sent for the American Criminal History Report (it should be on its way, have no idea how long it would take...)

(3) I finally received my original birth certificate.

Aside from the small stuff (4 photos, the copy of my passport, official translation of documents) I was under the impression that the only important thing left was to be offered a work contract.

SURPRISE: The recruiter said they cannot offer me a work contract!!!

Fortunately the only thing I need to begin the hiring process is a CUIL & "Residencia Precaria"

What documents do I need or what do I need to do in order to get just these 2 documents?

I want them ASAP in order to call her back & say, "I have them, what's next!" How long can I expect to wait before I have both documents?

She also told me I could probably be hired with just the CUIL, but that it would be a company first, no one else has done it.

PS: So what does this mean!? Some companies offer work contracts, others don't, some let you work in negro, other don't, the work visa requires a work contract, but the CUIL & Residencia Precaria don't (?). This entire process seems like an obnoxious puzzle. Damn.

Gonzo said:
I just had an interview with a credible IT company. I almost have the job, & of course they require the proper documents.

I told them my Work Visa was in "tramites".

(1) December 1st I applied for the Argentine Criminal History Report (should be ready to pick up at the comiseria).

(2) December 16th I sent for the American Criminal History Report (it should be on its way, have no idea how long it would take...)

(3) I finally received my original birth certificate.

Aside from the small stuff (4 photos, the copy of my passport, official translation of documents) I was under the impression that the only important thing left was to be offered a work contract.

SURPRISE: The recruiter said they cannot offer me a work contract!!!

Fortunately the only thing I need to begin the hiring process is a CUIL & "Residencia Precaria"

What documents do I need or what do I need to do in order to get just these 2 documents?

I want them ASAP in order to call her back & say, "I have them, what's next!" How long can I expect to wait before I have both documents?

She also told me I could probably be hired with just the CUIL, but that it would be a company first, no one else has done it.

PS: So what does this mean!? Some companies offer work contracts, others don't, some let you work in negro, other don't, the work visa requires a work contract, but the CUIL & Residencia Precaria don't (?). This entire process seems like an obnoxious puzzle. Damn.

If you haven't submitted the papers to migraciones you are not in tramites.

If if you don't have work contract why would migraciones give give you a work visa?

You can get a CUIL without a work visa (residencia preciaria)?

You are actually between a rock and a very hard place.

Welcome to Argentina.

PS: Your Argentine criminal report is not issued at the local comisaria, and even if you applied for it at the correct location, if you don't pick it up within two weeks it will be void and you will have to apply for a new one.

You can try arrange another type of visa (visa rentista), apply for a CUIT code and work as a freelancer for the same company.

Convoluted, but possible, and legal. Best speak to a lawyer though at this stage, you sound like you might be in a bit of a pickle.

jp said:
You can try arrange another type of visa (visa rentista), apply for a CUIT code and work as a freelancer for the same company.

Convoluted, but possible, and legal. Best speak to a lawyer though at this stage, you sound like you might be in a bit of a pickle.

The visa rentista requires proof of stable foreign income of about $1000 USD per month and it can't be from a salary paid by a foreign company (though it can be from corporate dividends).

Sure. But if you can show arrange that, it at least entitles you to work.

Otherwise you're pretty much screwed.

jp said:
Sure. But if you can show arrange that, it at least entitles you to work.

Otherwise you're pretty much screwed.

Could you please be more specific?

The expression "show arrange that " isn't very clear.

hmmm, thats fairly cryptic. Think I got distracted mid sentence....

Anways, all I meant to say is that if you qualify for a rentista visa it makes you a lot more employable. If Gonzo has already started getting papers together, it might be worth seeing if he can get a friendly CPA to confirm he has some form of stable income and pursue the rentista option.

Gonzo, why can't they offer you a work contract? You need to work contract to apply for the residencia percaria.

I was under the impression you couldn't work on a visa rentista. It that not true?

Thanks for your input jp, but it's likely a visa rentista isn't in the cards....

mini said:
Gonzo, why can't they offer you a work contract? You need to work contract to apply for the residencia percaria.

I was under the impression you couldn't work on a visa rentista. It that not true?

I used to think so, too, but once you have a visa rentista you can get a DNI and then all the doors seem to open...

And even without the DNI, once you have a resident visa, getting a CUIT is automatic and a CUIL is also possible.

Back