Urgent: Kind, Sweet Doggo in Trouble Needs (Temporary) Home

polostar88

Registered
I'm writing about this
https://m.facebook.com/groups/384381348350377?view=permalink&id=1490800577708443
I saw this dog myself in person the other day. She's such a sweet, kind dog, and is scared half to death. People were trying to care for her on the street but she ran away when she heard some other dogs barking. She's afraid of dogs, but seems harmless.

As you can see people are looking on the page for a "transit" or someone to give a space in your place for a bit until she can be adopted. I'd take her myself but I'm leaving in a week, my apt doesn't allow pets, and I've never had a dog so idk how to care for her.

Still the situation is heartbreaking, if you saw this dog you'll see why. She's not a street dog, she was recently lost or abandoned and seems completely at a loss on the street and won't survive there.

Please, if someone can, even for a while, you would do a great good, I saw this dog myself, and I feel so sorry for her.

Sadly, all too common a sight here.
We have 9 dogs at the moment split between our town and countryside houses. All were strays when we took them in. My wife would go on collecting them but I've had to put my foot down as it's muggins here who has to feed them every day and they prevent us from travelling.

This reminds me of my ex girlfriend. She recruited other Porteñas in a Facebook group for animal lovers. Together, they planned on kidnapping a dog who had a rightful owner, only because the dog looked too sad. In the end they took the dog away, without the owner being aware and gave him another home. It is one of the weirdest stories I ever experienced.

Also one day a young pigeon was stuck on my balcony, because it had broken a wing. My ex girlfriend was so mad at me, because I left the pigeon alone. I had to force feed it every couple of hours through a syringe with a baby food based on rice mixed with water. I had to keep the pigeon warm in towels in a drawer in my closet. Luckily she found someone on Facebook after a day who wanted to adopt and care for the bird.

Look on Facebook for animal lover groups in Buenos Aires, there are a lot of Porteños who love saving animals...

Back