Urgent: Pediatrician needed

AmyP

Registered
Since last night, my daughter (age 7) has come down with a very high fever. Can anyone please recommend a good pediatrician in or near Palermo? I think we might need to try to see someone today. English speaking doc is a plus.

Thank you.

Yes, Dr. Andres Sibbald, speaks perfect English and is a wonderful doctor, chief of paediatrics at the British hospital. He has a practice at this address...
Ayacucho 1641, piso 13 A, Recoleta, BsAs ,telephone 48017595

If it's urgent, I would highly recommend you walk in to one of the private hospitals. Even if you don't have health insurance (do you?), the cost will be quite reasonable.

I personally like Trinidad which is in Palermo. The emergency is downstairs. Not ever been really crowded when I've been there.

You can also go to IADT they have an pediatric emergency room, it is on MT Alvear and Larrea 24/7

I agree about the paediatric emergency rooms, if your child requires any labs / xrays etc, you're already in a hospital that does it. I have had wonderful service at Trinidad and also la Suiza, on Santa Fe and Pueyrredon. The entrance is on Santa Fe.

We went to Roberto Forrester in Belgrano - he has hours most days from 4-7. He's the only Argentine pediatrician who take Blue Cross/Blue Shield, which made us feel like he had been "vetted" by someone, and he was great and had a wonderful bedside manner with my kids. Excellent English. Good luck.

From BlueCard:
Dr Roberto Forrester, MD​
Echeverria 2774 [HIS OFFICE MOVED - just a block away, though]
Capital Federal
Buenos Aires
Argentina
54 11 4784 8906​
Pediatrics​
Hours of Operation:​
Mon-Fri 16-20:00

To follow up to this, we visited Dr. Sibbald. He's great. I'd definitely recommend him.

Back