Uribe's bomb

Johnny

Registered
As if there weren't already enough strange news in Argentina. Judge Oyarbide who is investigating the explosive device found at Gran Rex, indicated today that the device had been "tampered with" in order to decrease the power of it.

That leads to a lot of questions. I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist by any means, in fact just the opposite, but one has to consider whether some of the leftist groups that have been more aligned with CFK might be involved. One thing is the "mini-bombs" that get set off every now and then with minimal impact. Another is a bomb found in a popular theatre (not nearly as easy to access) and then consider that it has been tampered with after already been placed.

Again, I'm not one to rush to conspiracy theories and I consider myself left of center, but with the "Venezuelan push" and the young, Chavez like lefties currently making inroads in the current administration... well... food for thought.

I had heard that they were "flares", not bombs. But this was from a journalist's mouth, not reading it in the paper.

Go to La Doce on Sunday and it's going to be more dangerous than the Gran Rex.

Johnny said:
As if there weren't already enough strange news in Argentina. Judge Oyarbide who is investigating the explosive device found at Gran Rex, indicated today that the device had been "tampered with" in order to decrease the power of it.

That leads to a lot of questions. I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist by any means, in fact just the opposite, but one has to consider whether some of the leftist groups that have been more aligned with CFK might be involved. One thing is the "mini-bombs" that get set off every now and then with minimal impact. Another is a bomb found in a popular theatre (not nearly as easy to access) and then consider that it has been tampered with after already been placed.

Again, I'm not one to rush to conspiracy theories and I consider myself left of center, but with the "Venezuelan push" and the young, Chavez like lefties currently making inroads in the current administration... well... food for thought.

Hi: I believe the judge Oyarbide was pointing to the federal police, since he supposedly was the only one in charge of requesting the opinion of experts. (Frequently judges request opinion from a different force than the one in charge of the insident, in this case could be the Army, the Gendarmeria or Navy "Prefectura", etc).

Napoleon said:
I had heard that they were "flares", not bombs. But this was from a journalist's mouth, not reading it in the paper.

Go to La Doce on Sunday and it's going to be more dangerous than the Gran Rex.
First reported to Oyarbide as a "bomb" and now a "firecracker". Oh well, I liked the conspiracy theory while it lasted.

Reactions: tez
The conspiracy theory goes like this:
A bomb - small but deadly enough to kill or maim people close by - was hidden in the theater's second-floor balcony where Uribe was to host a cocktail at 4 PM yesterday. The bomb was programmed to go off at 4:30. It had a cell phone and an auxiliary battery to power the detonator, and some quantity of TNT for explosive.
After the bomb had been removed by the policía nacional, someone in the government decided it would be better that Argentina not get a reputation as a terrorist target or terrorist home or dangerous destination (aja!). An alternative theory is that the government was behind the planting of the bomb, for reasons no one has been able to explain to me.
So the government then ordered the police to re-describe the bomb as a firecracker that could be detonated by a cell phone. The police then did so in a press conference without consulting or inviting the judge. Since the device is in policy custody, they can replace it with whatever they want.
I'm not defending this theory, btw - just passing along what I've heard from Argentine friends. One, who works at the Gran Rex, promises to talk to Hector the cleaning guy who found the "bomb" and find out what he saw. If I find out anything interesting, I'll post an update.

Back