Uruguay for the summer

Pensador

Registered
Existed a few days ago decided to try the DNI and not my passport. No issue no questions no stamps Punta is amazingly beautiful and expensive. I will be interested to see what the tourism season in like. I suspect it will be down significantly. 4 months and away we go but I did want to catch another glimpse of this local. May not be your gig but the North Coast of Uruguay is so undeveloped and natural it is the kind of gig I like.

Peace and out!

Be prepared for a serious sticker shock. Uruguay is very expensive - prices are 50% higher than here. And in Punta del Este they can be twice as high.

I love Uruguay. But I come to Buenos Aires for the summer for three months every year.
Then, if I am lucky, I get to spend a week in Uruguay as well.
BsAs is a pleasant balm compared to the northern USA this time of year.

Last week I bought a bag of potato chips at a filling station store in Colonia: four dollars. This was a small bag, not Family Size.

Punta in high season is crazy. Crowded, expensive, frankly awful. Luckily, the biggest madness only lasts for about a month, from post-Christmas to late January. I would escape up near Punta del Diablo and wait it out. I agree it’s a lovely spot once the hordes subside.

I went at the beginning of March and it was delightful. I hope to avoid the crowds in early December. We shall see.

Punta in high season is crazy. Crowded, expensive, frankly awful. Luckily, the biggest madness only lasts for about a month, from post-Christmas to late January. I would escape up near Punta del Diablo and wait it out. I agree it’s a lovely spot once the hordes subside.

Yup a bit north I am not going be in the heard of high season.

Back