Us Atm Card - Problems, Again!!

Nitale

Registered
I am again encountering problems having my debit card accepted by Banelco. I was using the HSBC machines for a long time and no problems, but once again I get the "This card cannot be used in this ATM machine". Have tried other banks with the same results. Any idea why this is happening again? Many thanks.

This is just a thought, but considering the Argentine banks are cleaning up on foreign ATM cards ($6 USD per transaction) I would guess it may have more to do with your bank? Just speculating.

Without knowing the country of origin, the bank, and with/out chip. Can't suggest an actiony but try Banco Galicia , ICBC or Supervielle.
Sometimes this happens if the ATM has no money..? Not all Banelco ATM's can process cards with chips.

City Bank has special ATM's for Customers at no local charge.

Thanks Jed and Rich One! US origin - Chase Bank. Will try other banks. I also thought the same possibility as Jed suggested. Will see what I find and will inform.

Thanks Jed and Rich One! US origin - Chase Bank. Will try other banks. I also thought the same possibility as Jed suggested. Will see what I find and will inform.

It's funny that you mentioned that. I've been experiencing some problems lately with debit cards from the same Bank.

I have the same problem with my Chase cards. I've tried the HSBC & The Banco Frances. No luck.
The only bank that seems to work is Comafi. Here's a link to all the branches.
http://www.comafi.co...es-cajeros.aspx
Keep in mind that you loose about $10.00 every time you use the Chase cards at ATM's here.
Chase charges you a $5.00 fee for not using a Chase ATM.
You might be better off using xoom. I do.
https://www.xoom.com...tina/send-money

I go to patagonia with no problems... That being said; about 6 months ago my card stopped working. I call my bank and they informed me that they changed all cards to cards with chips, and they sent me a new card... to my address stateside.
PS- my bank refunds me all of the withdrawal fees :D :D

Thank you all. I was able to use my Chase ATM card at COMAFI bank in Barrio Norte.

Back