US citizens and Sputnik V Situation

nikad

Registered
I wonder what will be situation of US Citizens living in Arg that were vaccinated with 2 Sputnik V doses? Will they be allowed to enter the US? Will they be required to get " proper " vaccines upon arrival to the US? Any ideas?

The Sputnik vaccinated US citizens and Argentinians, will be the pariah of the world?. What will be the destiny of citizens with one Sputnik dose plus a second US accepted vaccine? As Nikad suggested we will be forced to receive upon landing a US accepted vaccine?
Perhaps the US consulate can make available vaccines ? as a part of the US donations to Argentina, for US citizens...?? (a few thousand).

Last edited:
I have J&J from when I went in June. and 2 doses of Sputnik also, but I'm treating these like pokemon. I'm going to collect em all. My next trip to the US might have me getting J&J again or Moderna. Come back to the US? grab a vax.

I wonder what will be situation of US Citizens living in Arg that were vaccinated with 2 Sputnik V doses? Will they be allowed to enter the US?
I am under impression that the USA can not deny the right of entry to a US citizen as long as he has a valid passport regardless of his vaccination status.

It seems the World Health Organization is canceling its approval of it.
It may not be approved for actually administering the vaccine, but recognized as a vaccine that provides reasonable protection. Besides, USA does not particularly care about WHO regulations anyway, and FDA approval is unlikely.

As Nikad suggested we will be forced to receive upon landing a US accepted vaccine?
The Land of the Free will force a medical procedure on you? Can they cut off one of your kidneys as well upon landing?

The Sputnik vaccinated US citizens and Argentinians, will be the pariah of the world?. What will be the destiny of citizens with one Sputnik dose plus a second US accepted vaccine? As Nikad suggested we will be forced to receive upon landing a US accepted vaccine?
Perhaps the US consulate can make available vaccines ? as a part of the US donations to Argentina, for US citizens...?? (a few thousand).

Russians are buying travel packages to Serbia to receive US approved vaccines..!

Citizens cannot be denied entry into the US. The requirement is only for foreigners wishing to enter. I'm not vacinated and I don't foresee any issues when I eventually return home to get a US vacation.

All non citizens with a sputnik combo will have issues.

I have J&J from when I went in June. and 2 doses of Sputnik also, but I'm treating these like pokemon. I'm going to collect em all. My next trip to the US might have me getting J&J again or Moderna. Come back to the US? grab a vax.

I hope you are not serious. Adding more could be dangerous. These vaccines were developed in a rush. We don't know much about them,

I hope you are not serious. Adding more could be dangerous. These vaccines were developed in a rush. We don't know much about them,
They are literally talking about adding boosters to increase efficacy. J&J in particular is looking to become a 2 dose regimen.

Sputnik has a bunch of uncertainty around will it be valid to travel to the US/Canada and Europe.

At the end of the day I want to ensure I can travel and Sputnik itself is not clear that it will be in a good position to allow for international travel.

I only travel a couple times a year, a booster once or twice a year is probably not going to cause adverse effects. I fully believe in the safety of these vaccines given their current deployment but I definitely have concerns on their efficacy over longer time periods.

In the end, Covid has been proven to kill far far more people than the vaccines have in far more agonizing ways.

They are literally talking about adding boosters to increase efficacy. J&J in particular is looking to become a 2 dose regimen.

Sputnik has a bunch of uncertainty around will it be valid to travel to the US/Canada and Europe.

At the end of the day I want to ensure I can travel and Sputnik itself is not clear that it will be in a good position to allow for international travel.

I only travel a couple times a year, a booster once or twice a year is probably not going to cause adverse effects. I fully believe in the safety of these vaccines given their current deployment but I definitely have concerns on their efficacy over longer time periods.

In the end, Covid has been proven to kill far far more people than the vaccines have in far more agonizing ways.

The FDA, CDC and WHO are not endorsing boosters except for people 65+ or the immune compromised. The FDA voted 16-2 against authorizing them to the general public.

Back