Us Defeat (Who's To Blame?)

Who's to blame for the US defeat?

• Joe (for badmouthing the makers of the best chocolate on earth).

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Joe (for being overconfident about the US team's real skill)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • IG (for not hosting a US game watching expat event)

• Wondolowski for missing the game winning goal before overtime

• Belgium for being a better team

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Klinsmann's horoscope for the day

• Ajoknoblauch for his constant betrayal of his own nation

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

internationalguy

Registered
I think that it could have gone either way. At the end of the second half it could have been ours. The Belgians deserve it though. Best of luck to the remaining teams. I'm officially team-less now.

The person to blame for this defeat was Toongeorges represented in this video mocking me and IG (Shake and Bake):

Joe: What's going on?
Toongeorges: Soon you will know what it is like to be defeated by the hands of somebody who is truly better than you. As William Blake wrote 'The cut worm forgives the plow".

http://youtu.be/NuR1u0pjR3s

I'd like to think I had something to do with it, but the game almost precisely coincided with my siesta. When I heard the good news, I was still a little groggy with sleep.

Nonetheless, I'd like to think I did everybody a big favour.

Defending too much explained the defeat. US played great in the second half of the prolongation.
Defending too much is why Italy got out too.

The odds for Brazil-Colombia are incredibly... odd (1.83 for Brazil, 4.50 for Colombia)?? (was the same for Brazil Croatia with the strange ref)

Really, really sad for the US... I was unable to watch the game because of a meeting, from what I read Belgium played better, had more shots on goal etc. but the US did an amazing job too. Would have LOVED to see them advance even further... My three teams were Italy, Argentina and the US, two down, one to go. Argentina better beat Belgium, although it is not looking too promising!

Back