Us dollar account

mur

Registered
I have a bank account in HSBC Canada and I am trying to transfer a large amount of money here to pull out of my account so I can purchase a house.

When I am trying to open a back account at HSBC Argentina, they said I need A negative certification to open a bank account in dollars.

I have a CDI but the problem is that the Anses website does not take the CDI to get the negative certification, here: https://servicioswww.anses.gob.ar/censite/

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to get around this?

I have a bank account in HSBC Canada and I am trying to transfer a large amount of money here to pull out of my account so I can purchase a house.

When I am trying to open a back account at HSBC Argentina, they said I need A negative certification to open a bank account in dollars.

I have a CDI but the problem is that the Anses website does not take the CDI to get the negative certification, here: https://servicioswww.anses.gob.ar/censite/

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to get around this?
The negative certification comes from ANSES that pulls together data from various agencies including AFIP and is a fairly recent BCRA requirement for any banks issuing USD products to obtain before opening any such new product.

Note - You need to at least have filed an up to date tax declaration in Argentina to meet the requirement of “negative certification”, amongst other things, and that is a separate issue to simply being able to log in and see your certification status.
If you are not a resident, or just a CDI holder, then this is most likely a catch .22.

You probably need to find someone or an escribanía or lawyer or transfer agency who offers the service of moving USD into the country for you. This banking rule now makes it virtually impossible for non-residents to do it via the banks unless they are lucky and already opened a USD account some years ago or are otherwise prepared to first “pesofy” their dollars via an ARS caja ahorros.

I contacted Banco Piano and got an agreement to transfer Dollars. The problem was they would only transfer the whole amount on completion of contract. As nothing goes smoothly here, I was not allowed to complete (New build 50% now 50% on completion). In the end I had to bring the money in a bag and state that I had brought it $10,000 at a time each time I traveled. In a nutshell, you will need to find your own way through this, You will get little or no help from the banks.
HSBC told me they could sort it all out. I said OK then please do. The girl who was helping disappeared for half an hour, then came back looking embarrassed and said she was sorry, there was nothing she could do.

Back