US Migrant Visa for Argentine

Hello! I am a United States citizen living in Buenos Aires. I recently accepted a job as an assistant professor at a Cal State in the US. I plan to move back to the United States in August and am inquiring about the best way to bring my Argentine boyfriend. We have a 9 month old son together (our son is a dual Argentina and US citizen).

Would you recommend we get my boyfriend's visa by:

1) Fiance Visa and marrying in the US
2) Getting Married in Argentina and applying for a spouse visa
3) Using our son's citizenship to sponsor his father

Or an alternative way? We are looking for the quickest way, as we only have 6 months before my job starts.

Thank you for any help you may provide.

I would directly rule out option 2, as this process will take at least 1 year - so you will have to move to the US (presumably with your Son) and be apart from boyfriend for certain amount of time - unless he already has a US visitor visa... For a concrete example, when we moved back to the states, the time between sending in paperwork initially and my wife getting her migrant visa was ~14 months. This was in 2014.

Option 3 will also probably take a similar amount of time - although I don't know specifically as I haven't dealt with the process. My brother and sister-in-law just sponsored his mother-in-law to migrate - so I can reach out and figure out that time-frame, although it probably differs, as my sister-in-law isn't a minor :)

Option 1 might be your best option if you are both thinking about marriage!

Just spoke to my brother - it took them ~ 10 months to get everything done for his mother-in-law (who is from Turkey). 2 - 3 months to get paperwork together and get biometrics done + 7 months of actual processing.

I would recommend to check out Visa Journey - I believe they have an average processing time tracker for different types of applications!

I would directly rule out option 2, as this process will take at least 1 year - so you will have to move to the US (presumably with your Son) and be apart from boyfriend for certain amount of time - unless he already has a US visitor visa... For a concrete example, when we moved back to the states, the time between sending in paperwork initially and my wife getting her migrant visa was ~14 months. This was in 2014.

Option 3 will also probably take a similar amount of time - although I don't know specifically as I haven't dealt with the process. My brother and sister-in-law just sponsored his mother-in-law to migrate - so I can reach out and figure out that time-frame, although it probably differs, as my sister-in-law isn't a minor :)

Option 1 might be your best option if you are both thinking about marriage!