US Passport Photo

Cheng

Registered
Hi, We need to take some passport photos for a US passport. Has anyone done this recently? Could you please recomment a place? Thanks so much in advance.

Cheng said:
Hi, We need to take some passport photos for a US passport. Has anyone done this recently? Could you please recomment a place? Thanks so much in advance.

There is a guy right at the embassy that does it, at least when I had photos done a couple of years ago. He's actually just across the street in the park, probably under a tree. The people from the embassy actually sent me to him. Perhaps somebody who has done this recently can confirm he is still there.

He's almost always there, we used him in March for our daughter's photos, I think he charged about 40 pesos. You can get passport and visa photos taken at any place of the photo shops which advertise 'carnet' or 'fotos carnet,' however we've had mixed luck with them being able to take pictures of the correct size with the face at the correct distance from the camera, the guy in the park always does it right:)

gouchobob said:
There is a guy right at the embassy that does it, at least when I had photos done a couple of years ago. He's actually just across the street in the park, probably under a tree. The people from the embassy actually sent me to him. Perhaps somebody who has done this recently can confirm he is still there.

People like that guy make me feel glad to be in Buenos Aires. What could be nicer than having your passport picture taken under the trees?

gouchobob said:

He's still there. I just used him for a passport renewal today (10/12/2010). The cost was 30 pesos. His old golden retriever wanted to join me in the photo, which seemed like a good idea, but apparently the State Department won't allow that kind of thing.

I blew through the application process in 20 minutes after having walked into the embassy with nothing more than an expiring passport in my hand and a bunch of misguided questions about the process in my head. It really was an amazing combination of American efficiency and Argentine ingenuity, resulting in what was perhaps the single best bureaucratic experience of my life, if such a thing is even possible.

Of course, all the Argentinians waiting for hours on end to get shopping visas to America may not feel as sanguine about the process...

Was at the Embassy January 14th,2013 and he is across the street in a white van with word service on the side and the van looks as it had not moved in years.
I gave him $10.00 US dollars for Photos and you get two great Photos taken by a very expensive commercial camera and he gives you the photos in a plastic sleeve and and took maybe ten min..
There were many people leaving there personnel stuff with him where he keeps them in plastic bins and gives them a number.
The bins in the Embassy security were very small and can only handle a camera and Phone.Great Photos and saved me much time.
He is only open in morning and closed in the afternoon as I got there at eight fifteen and there were long lines for visas so I think he opens very early.
He speaks very good English and has a very efficient operation and was very helpful.
Don't wait in Line go right to the security window as a American citizen of course.

Back