USA credit cards ... Unusable from Argentina?

xeab

Registered
I used to use my US Credit Cards from any country. But recently it seems impossible to use US CC from Argentina.

For Example:
To make a payment to a specific online website I always used CC, but now they do NOT accept CC payments,
They only accept, PayPal and AliPay. Why is that? (have no idea what AliPay is).
So I created a PP acct, Balance is $0,
With this new PP acct I tried to:
Associate my US Visa CC. No Luck.
Associate my US Debit card. No luck.
Associate my US bank account. No luck.
Associate my Argentine CENCOSUD MasterCard CC. No luck.
Associate my Argentine Debit card Banco Nacion. No luck.
Associate my Banco de la Nacion acct. It was accepted and successful "it said". Then tried to directly make the payment to the website. Or transfer some money from my Nacion to credit my $0 Balance PP so I can make the payment. No luck.

Contacted PP:
By phone, Only answering machine.
By email million times.. They only "cut & paste" un-related topics from their "frequently asked questions". Robot.

Also seems there are million new ways to pay (AliPay, etc etc) and I´m not familiar with any of these. What are these? How to use them? I am stuck. I am not up to date or am I missing something? Only know how to pay with CC.

What is going on?
Any help/explanation/ideas?
Greatly appreciated.

What error message are you getting when you try to add your US CC or Debit to your US PayPal account?

Alipay is like PayPal but from Alibaba.

it sounds like your problem is with that specific site, not your CC?

have you ever tried using a VPN?

I've always tried to circumvent stupidity rather than figure it out or reason with it.

I used to use my US Credit Cards from any country. But recently it seems impossible to use US CC from Argentina.

For Example:
To make a payment to a specific online website I always used CC, but now they do NOT accept CC payments,
They only accept, PayPal and AliPay. Why is that? (have no idea what AliPay is).
So I created a PP acct, Balance is $0,
With this new PP acct I tried to:
Associate my US Visa CC. No Luck.
Associate my US Debit card. No luck.
Associate my US bank account. No luck.
Associate my Argentine CENCOSUD MasterCard CC. No luck.
Associate my Argentine Debit card Banco Nacion. No luck.
Associate my Banco de la Nacion acct. It was accepted and successful "it said". Then tried to directly make the payment to the website. Or transfer some money from my Nacion to credit my $0 Balance PP so I can make the payment. No luck.

Contacted PP:
By phone, Only answering machine.
By email million times.. They only "cut & paste" un-related topics from their "frequently asked questions". Robot.

Also seems there are million new ways to pay (AliPay, etc etc) and I´m not familiar with any of these. What are these? How to use them? I am stuck. I am not up to date or am I missing something? Only know how to pay with CC.

What is going on?
Any help/explanation/ideas?
Greatly appreciated.
Nope, US credit cards WORK just fine in ARG but you do pay the official rate. Your problem seems to be with PP>

For USA CC´s and bank accounts, error msgs are related to not accepting non-Argentine addressed accts.

My Argentine Banco Nacion account was accepted and linked successfully "it said". But never been able to use it to fund my newly created $0Balance PP acct.

My only Argentine CC I could get "CENCOSUD master card" is a lousy one. It´s been declined by even some Argentine companies for automatic monthly payments (let alone PP). Years and years ago unsuccessfully tried to get an Argentine real CC and gave up. They want "recivo de sueldo" from 80 years juvencito me. How to get a real Argentine CC?

And what is PayPal or Skrill or Neteller or or ... there are million others out there I hear about. As I said before the only thing I know is CC. Why they are canceling CC use and forcing this new stuff on me that I don´t know how to use. And refusing to tell me how to use it (non-related msgs robot answers)

Re-identifying 4 issues:
1. This is not specific to only one online website. Many many online websites canceled payments by CC and instead now require payment through one of these entities: PayPal, Skrill, etc etc ... why?
2. Creating acct of one of these entities from Argentina with non-Argentine addressed accts/CC/DebitCards is a no-go show-stopper.
3. How to get Argentine real CC. I gave up many years ago.
4. What are these entities for and what do they do? I lived 80 years without them. Why am I being forced to use them and not directly pay with my CC?

Nope, US credit cards WORK just fine in ARG but you do pay the official rate. Your problem seems to be with PP>
For paying online websites?
Not the same as paying a merchant.

For USA CC´s and bank accounts, error msgs are related to not accepting non-Argentine addressed accts.

My Argentine Banco Nacion account was accepted and linked successfully "it said". But never been able to use it to fund my newly created $0Balance PP acct.

My only Argentine CC I could get "CENCOSUD master card" is a lousy one. It´s been declined by even some Argentine companies for automatic monthly payments (let alone PP). Years and years ago unsuccessfully tried to get an Argentine real CC and gave up. They want "recivo de sueldo" from 80 years juvencito me. How to get a real Argentine CC?

And what is PayPal or Skrill or Neteller or or ... there are million others out there I hear about. As I said before the only thing I know is CC. Why they are canceling CC use and forcing this new stuff on me that I don´t know how to use. And refusing to tell me how to use it (non-related msgs robot answers)

Re-identifying 4 issues:
1. This is not specific to only one online website. Many many online websites canceled payments by CC and instead now require payment through one of these entities: PayPal, Skrill, etc etc ... why?
2. Creating acct of one of these entities from Argentina with non-Argentine addressed accts/CC/DebitCards is a no-go show-stopper.
3. How to get Argentine real CC. I gave up many years ago.
4. What are these entities for and what do they do? I lived 80 years without them. Why am I being forced to use them and not directly pay with my CC?
Why do you even need a CC in Argentina is beyond me. I have 10 CCs in the US and ZERO here. I just use my debit card or bank account. In the US there is a real value in using a CC, points, miles purchase and travel protection. Here with an ARG CC you don't really get any of this.
In 5 years I have needed an ARG credit card only one time to purchase a LATAM ticket in pesos. And I just asked a friend to pay for me and I gave him the money.

For paying online websites?
Not the same as paying a merchant.
pay with a debit card. Yes -- even in the US you might not be able to pay with a foreign credit card for online services because the ZIP and address fields may not be deigned to accept a non US address.

have you ever tried using a VPN?

I've always tried to circumvent stupidity rather than figure it out or reason with it.
I think you are identifying the problem.
But am 80 years juvencito ... don´t know all of this new hoooops
What are they for
do i need to hire a techie nerd to teach me how to pay an online website

Back