Usa Passport Obtaining Brazilian Tourist Visa Recently

Michi24

Registered
Has anyone applied for a Brazilian tourist visa recently through the consulate in Buenos Aires?

Are they giving out the 1 or 5 year visas? Or just 90 days? I am looking to go next month and return for the World Cup but do not want to pay the reciprocity fee multiple times.

Has anyone applied for a Brazilian tourist visa recently through the consulate in Buenos Aires?

Are they giving out the 1 or 5 year visas? Or just 90 days? I am looking to go next month and return for the World Cup but do not want to pay the reciprocity fee multiple times.

There is no "reciprocity fee" for Brazil; it is a straight visa. I got my only Brazilian visa at the consulate in San Francisco, so can't speak for the process in BA, but I believe it's valid for five years but must be used within 90 days of being granted.

They should be giving out to US citizens the exact same type of VISA the US issues to Brazilians. I believe right now is a 10 year VISA.

They should be giving out to US citizens the exact same type of VISA the US issues to Brazilians. I believe right now is a 10 year VISA.

You may well be right, but it used to be five. Also, I had forgotten that I once obtained a Brazilian visa in Puerto Iguazú with same-day service.

Camberiu is right ... it's a 10 year visa now. Not certain, but be prepared for a tough interview because of the recent discovery of the US spying program in Brasil. They have the right to ask you for bank statements and a ton of documentation. It should be quick and simple but when international "situations" pop up like this 'ish hits the fan. Sorte!

There is no "reciprocity fee" for Brazil; it is a straight visa. I got my only Brazilian visa at the consulate in San Francisco, so can't speak for the process in BA, but I believe it's valid for five years but must be used within 90 days of being granted.

I got a Brazillian Visa in the US back in 2008 (which I, sadly, was not able to use) and while it is an actual Visa unlike the reciprocity fee for Argentina, I do remember looking at the visa fees for every country, and there was a separate column for US that was entitled "reciprocity fee". I only mention this because I thought it was hilarious that they sort of called out the US for being jerks in this way, instead of just including the higher fee in the column for visa fees.

Sorry, I shan't have used the term "reciprocity fee". I basically want to know if I can enter multiple times on the visa?? I have heard of people getting ones that are only valid for 6 months or shorter...

I got mine here in BsAs last November with no problems. I think it is for five years, maybe ten. To be honest, it does not say anywhere on the actual visa how long it is good for. It just says that I can only remain in country for maximum of 180 days per year.

A good friend of mine got his visa more recently, back in July I believe, and they only gave him a 90 day visa because he said he was living and working here (WITHOUT a work visa). So don´t do that.

Sorry, I shan't have used the term "reciprocity fee". I basically want to know if I can enter multiple times on the visa?? I have heard of people getting ones that are only valid for 6 months or shorter...

The way I understand it is that yes, you can go and come as many times as you want per year...with the cap being 180 days. Then you have to spend the equivalent amount of time out of the country before returning.

The VISA people get varies depending on the country they come from. My wife is Japanese, and her country that has some very draconian visa rules towards brazilians, so she gets the same treatment when applying for a VISA for Brazil.
As an American, you should get the same type VISA that the US issues to Brazilians, which I think it is 10 years, multiple entires.

Back