Used auto parts? (Stolen wheel)

sam3g

Registered
Getting sick of this country.

We parked our Renault Stepway outside our place in Bajo Belgrano. Somebody punched in the hatch lock (ruined) and stole the spare tire. Nothing fancy, just a black steel wheel. They didn't even bother stealing the radio.

Two months ago someone jacked the car up and stole one of the aluminum wheels in Ituzango.

Where can I buy back my stolen wheel? I've heard there is a barrio where all the negros sell the stolen radios, etc.

Also, is it legal to beat someone with a steel pipe if they are stealing from you? :p

Sorry to hear about your experience. Just out of interest where (street names) in Ituzaingo did that happen as I live nearby.

There are special screws, one per wheel, that can help against street theft like that.

I bumped into the back of someone's vehicle once, very so slightly by accident and he attacked me with a metal pipe... didn't get very far though.

If it's GBA, to start with there don't seem to be many police around. Obviously whoever you beat has to make a formal claim against you, or you get caught in the act by the police. Not sure about the legal side. I would defend my property if it was worth defending.

Warnes is the place to buy autoparts, it's where they sell anything and everything car-related

Yes, we have put keys on all of the 4 aluminum wheels after the first problem. I assumed the spare tire was relatively safe as you need to be inside the car to lower it. I guess they thought it was worth the trouble of breaking the lock (likely more expensive than a cheap spare tire replacement).

Where is Warnes? Cross street?

Warnes is near Parque Centenario, but you'll have to do a lot of shopping around there. They are probably buying from the desarmaderos which are all over, lots in the south. I'd look on the web first, before going there.... mercadolibre even.

I did use mercadolibre the last time (for the aluminum wheel). Suspiciously, the guy (who lived in the provincia on the other side of Gral. Paz from Mataderos) only had one wheel. I asked about it and he had "sold the other three"

sam3g said:
Getting sick of this country.

We parked our Renault Stepway outside our place in Bajo Belgrano. Somebody punched in the hatch lock (ruined) and stole the spare tire. Nothing fancy, just a black steel wheel. They didn't even bother stealing the radio.

Two months ago someone jacked the car up and stole one of the aluminum wheels in Ituzango.

Where can I buy back my stolen wheel? I've heard there is a barrio where all the negros sell the stolen radios, etc.

Also, is it legal to beat someone with a steel pipe if they are stealing from you? :p

i use mercadolibre.com.ar to buy used car stuff.. about the beating, just dont stay there after it.

By the power vested in me by the little people that live in my wall . I grant you special dispensation to beat this fella like a red headed stepchild.
Go forth ... punish

We also had this happen, but in Olivos.
Since then we have put special wheel nuts on all the wheels and the spare.
On the spare we've also put a massive chain with padlock.
I personally wouldn't go down the metal bar route. Much that I'd like to.

Back