Used clothing stores - 70s clothes

BsAsFan

Registered
Hi All, I am a long time reader of Baexpats but have never posted much before. I moved here in late 2010 from California with my family and live in Zona Norte. This forum has been a great source of information for us -- thanks to all!

I am looking for a store that sells used clothing and accessories where I might be able to find something that passes for 70s vintage -- mens and womens clothing. We're invited to a 70s theme party this weekend and darn, I forgot to ship my 70s clothing with me ;) Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks!

On a budget: Try Don Orione, Ejercito de Salvacion, Emmaus (all caritative organizations where you can buy old stuff)

You're rich: go to San Telmo

Theres a galeria of vintage stores in 5ta Avenida (galeria) on Santa Fe (near uruguay, if I remember rightly...but you can google it for a more exact address.
It's pretty pricey though if you're just looking for something to wear at a costume party. You might be better off going to one of those costume places.

Juan Perez Vintage on Marcelo T de Alvear is my favourite and I've picked up dresses for $30pesos before. There is one section that is a lot more expensive but it's a huge range, worth a rummage. You can google it...opening hours and address below

EL HORARIO LA CASA CENTRAL, sito en M. T. de Alvear 1439 es de 11 a 19 hrs. de LUNES a SABADO. FERIADOS, cerrado.
EL HORARIO DEL OUTLET, sito en GODOY CRUZ 2749, es de 11 a 19 hrs. de LUNES a SABADO.

BsAsFan said:
Hi All, I am a long time reader of Baexpats but have never posted much before. I moved here in late 2010 from California with my family and live in Zona Norte. This forum has been a great source of information for us -- thanks to all!

I am looking for a store that sells used clothing and accessories where I might be able to find something that passes for 70s vintage -- mens and womens clothing. We're invited to a 70s theme party this weekend and darn, I forgot to ship my 70s clothing with me ;) Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks!
You are in La Zona Norte,are you near Boulogne?we have a few Ferias here where you could pick up 70,s gear...failing that use mine!!!;)

Back