Using a driver's license as ID in lieu of a passport

TejanoExpat

Registered
About 3 months ago I asked a cashier at Coto if I could use my state driver's license in lieu of my passport, to pay with my debit card. She said fine, no problem. Jumbo and Disco also accept my driver's license. Has anyone used their driver's license as ID at other stores or banks, etc.?

I've used it in a bunch of stores, though my neighborhood Coto gave me a stern warning the last time I used it there. It seems to be based entirely on the whim of the cashier.

I've used my passport card in the past, much more convenient than carrying my passport around. Occasionally cashiers would try to argue, but it actually says "passport" on the card in 3 languages, so I always won in the end (it's only valid as ID in the EU but who cares).

I've used it in a bunch of stores, though my neighborhood Coto gave me a stern warning the last time I used it there. It seems to be based entirely on the whim of the cashier.
Was it one of the smaller Cotos? No prob at the (hyper) Coto on French!

I've used my passport card in the past, much more convenient than carrying my passport around. Occasionally cashiers would try to argue, but it actually says "passport" on the card in 3 languages, so I always won in the end (it's only valid as ID in the EU but who cares).
I should have applied for one of those the last time I renewed my passport!

Attachments

• 6614a43cff246cdf31cd3106a4fb44a4.jpg
    6614a43cff246cdf31cd3106a4fb44a4.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 9
Yes, I have had permanent residency for over a decade and I never use my DNI. I always just use my old Driver's license from the USA. I never wanted to risk losing my DNI so I just carry around an old expired USA Driver's license and never ever have I ever had any issues using it.

Back