Using Credit/debit Card

Rachen

Registered
i'm not sure , it's a good idea to use credit card payment for hotel room in BA.
Any suggestion?

Maybe to secure the reservation but insisit on paying in ARS. The dollar is worth many things but $9.20 it is not. Some hotels will accept USD at the real rate, but your best bet is in paying in Pesos.

I agree with Nikad because you will be charged at the exchange rate 9 or 10% when you can exchange your money for Blue Dollars which you get more for your money. If you wish to save your money and spend it here instead of the Hotel bill, then it is your call. I've used Airbnb instead of staying at a hotel, which I have liked much better, I would say check it out if you can before booking a hotel and compare the two.

I agree with Nikad because you will be charged at the exchange rate 9 or 10% when you can exchange your money for Blue Dollars which you get more for your money. If you wish to save your money and spend it here instead of the Hotel bill, then it is your call. I've used Airbnb instead of staying at a hotel, which I have liked much better, I would say check it out if you can before booking a hotel and compare the two.
But Airbnb always charges your plastic.

cascade07, on 05 August 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]But Airbnb always charges your plastic. [/background]

Yes, but in dollars as the rates are advertised.. For that, the exchange rate is U$S 1 = U$S 1.

cascade07, on 05 August 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]But Airbnb always charges your plastic. [/background]

Yes, but in dollars as the rates are advertised.. For that, the exchange rate is U$S 1 = U$S 1.

But in most cases the people offering a place in Argentina on Airbnb will get their share converted to pesos at the official exchange rate. So it would be a better deal for the traveler to find a place where they can pay cash in pesos (exchanged at blue dollar rate) instead of paying Airbnb in dollars.

Does the discount that I've seen advertised for people paying with cards only work with local credit cards? Or would I get this discount using a foreign card too?

Try booking.com...they have many places that don't require a credit card payment. They offer deals to secure with your credit card, but pay in pesos.

Does the discount that I've seen advertised for people paying with cards only work with local credit cards? Or would I get this discount using a foreign card too?

No, if the discounts are for VISA, they are for VISA cards issued in Argentina.

Back