Using Paypal To Send $Usd Money

Huxley1234

Registered
I saw on the post about paying rent in dollars that Paypal is an option. Other people I have asked said that it's not.

Can we clarify what the possibilities are? I'd love to use Paypal to pay my future landlord my rent in USD and get a discount with the black market rate. Is this going to be possible?

That all depends on your landlord. If you find an apt. owned by a landlord with a bank account outside the country, then it would most likely be an option. We accept PayPal, for example, but ours is occupied!

That all depends on your landlord. If you find an apt. owned by a landlord with a bank account outside the country, then it would most likely be an option. We accept PayPal, for example, but ours is occupied!

Are you able to then take out your Paypal $USD and convert it to blue pesos? Maybe using a cueva?

Payments made in Argentina, through PayPal, can ONLY be made with a credit card. It's not possible to pay a paypal invoice with a ARG peso bank account, so I have been told. If you have an ARG credit card drawn on an ARG bank you can pay a bill in dollars, and it will be credited to that person in dollars OUTSIDE of ARG. If their ARG bank account is in pesos they will not receive a credit in dollars within Argentina, they will be credited in pesos.

I have a Canadian Credit card, and also a USD credit card. I want to pay someone in Argentina with dollars, but want to know if the payment will be processed at official rate, or will they be able to take the dollars out, or convert them to blue notes?

I have a Canadian Credit card, and also a USD credit card. I want to pay someone in Argentina with dollars, but want to know if the payment will be processed at official rate, or will they be able to take the dollars out, or convert them to blue notes?

If you pay someone in Argentina, no matter what the origin of the credit card, they will get pesos at the official rate (around 4,75). Simple as that, no dollars will be available to them even though you paid for the transaction in dollars.

Back