Status
Not open for further replies.

Pensador

Registered
Why?

They are not idiots!
The power works!
The internet works!
They are far more intelligent and educated than Argentinians!

THEY HAVE MANNORS! In other words they wont piss you off acting like idiots.

You can buy and work in both USD and the Pesos!
I am very confident they would never buy into Peronismo!
Argentina is well forecast to crash harder than ever next year!

And I will not have deal with all the rediculous dumb backwards foolish nonsense I have been dealing with the last 18 months.

No I am not bitter it is just reality in fact.

Hey, listen, not everyone needs to eat after 6pm. They have chivitos.

I have been to Uruguay a bunch of times and often wonder why is it that Uruguayans keep coming to Arg since forever and still do? I bet there is something there, just like everywhere, I just can't figure out what it is.

I have been to Uruguay a bunch of times and often wonder why is it that Uruguayans keep coming to Arg since forever and still do? I bet there is something there, just like everywhere, I just can't figure out what it is.

I find Uruguay boring and with very little natural beauty . For me I believe that most beautiful and vibrant society in South America today is Peru as it has so much to offer from incredible coast, great mountain towns and cities . rich andean culture. and of course the food that is by far the best of the continent .

I find Uruguay boring and with very little natural beauty . For me I believe that most beautiful and vibrant society in South America today is Peru as it has so much to offer from incredible coast, great mountain towns and cities . rich andean culture. and of course the food that is by far the best of the continent .

I am glad to see that you mentioned Peru.
I've been to all countries on the continent and have lived in 3, Peru being one of them. Based on my preferences and needs at a time, I had a really amazing time living and working in Peru. I was very pleased with my quality of life and all the items you have listed as well (food, geography, culture, etc). Interestingly, I have found that when I speak to the Argies I had the pleasure of socializing with about my past experience of living in Peru I have to downgrade it as they find it almost personally insulting that I could have enjoyed or found something of value in Peru. They seem to cringe especially if I use the word 'Peru' and 'culture' in the same sentence, or if I in some way insinuate that there may be some relatively "better" experience, food, etc in Peru. Talking about some powerful psycho-emotional defense mechanisms...

I am glad to see that you mentioned Peru.
I've been to all countries on the continent and have lived in 3, Peru being one of them. Based on my preferences and needs at a time, I had a really amazing time living and working in Peru. I was very pleased with my quality of life and all the items you have listed as well (food, geography, culture, etc). Interestingly, I have found that when I speak to the Argies I had the pleasure of socializing with about my past experience of living in Peru I have to downgrade it as they find it almost personally insulting that I could have enjoyed or found something of value in Peru. They seem to cringe especially if I use the word 'Peru' and 'culture' in the same sentence, or if I in some way insinuate that there may be some relatively "better" experience, food, etc in Peru. Talking about some powerful psycho-emotional defense mechanisms...

Peru is a gorgeous country with a very rich culture that Argentinians seem to degrade . This is most unfortunate as we can learn so much from the original inhabitants of this vibrant country . I love Arequipa and Iquitos both very different cities but each that offers a very vibrant living experience . Both these cities are surrounded by incredible nature that make living there never boring . I find Buenos Aires over time a suffocating city with little natural beauty close by . I need nature to feel at my best and Peru for me offers me nature combined with a deep experience .

Arequipa Peru imho is one of the most gorgeous cities of Latin America with a beautiful historic centre , lovely architecture, stunning weather , surrounded by three volcanoes that are clearly visible from many neighbourhoods . Its known as the cuidad blanca. Please clink on the second link to see the beautiful setting of Arequipa

Last edited:
I've recently come back to this forum after a few years. It's interesting to see how every time that there is a crisis (last time it was during the cepo cambiario period) you see this kind of posts by an expat leaving and trying to blame everyone but themselves for their failed Argentina experience. The posts are normally demeaning and insulting, like this one where the OP is saying all Argentineans are uneducated idiots, or another one I remember from the cepo era saying all Argentineans should be killed in death flights (as a reference to the 76-83 dictatorship). But no, they are "not bitter, it is just reality in fact."

I'm also in a bunch of Facebook groups for Argentinean expats living in a few countries where I've lived in the past few years. In particular, in the "Argentineans in Spain" group for the past 6 months there have been at least 15-20 posts every single day by Argentineans who desperately want to leave the country, but most can't. Some of them are truly heartbreaking, of the "I'm about to be evicted and I can't find a job" kind, or "we can't even afford to buy a pair of shoes for our kids." Still, there is rarely any violence in their speech.

I am wondering if the OP sees the conflict between saying part of the reason he's leaving is Argentina is because people "don't have manners" and the rest of the text in his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back