Vastly amusing hypocrisy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redpossum

Registered
OK, this story made me laugh out loud. Pagina12 is always promoting the tranny agenda, but now they have to try to explain why this guy is bad, without being blatantly hypocritical.

I was in stitches reading this. "Of of of, of course, the law is good, but this use of it is bad!"

But at the same time, they're calling him "Eduarda" and saying "juzgadx" and all that. Oh, it's so funny to see people tying themselves in knots over cognitive dissonance.

Reactions: Moe
Hypocrisy? And here was me amused with the hypocrisy of the Camporista and ex-lover of Máximo K, Luana Volnovich (head of PAMI) vacationing in Mexico with her new lover, hardcore Camporista Martin Rodriguez (second in charge of PAMI) and the total absence of coverage by Pagina 12.

(The scandal being that such vacation is paid in Dollars that according to their DDJJs, Luana doesn’t have to pay — nor enough pesos nor ability to finance in cuotas — but Dollars that Martin has accumulated many of during his years in public office as a “politicólogo”(?)... including as it turns out also includes USD Argentine Treasury Bonds at time when they are accusing those who buy USD as being vendepatria and criticize those who travel abroad, meanwhile they tell their poverty stricken pensionistas to go vacation in the sparkling waters of Rio Hondo thanks to PreViaje.)

It’s the party mouth piece Pagina 12, what kind of coverage on gender or political based issues do you expect? They nor their policies can ever be wrong.

"the tranny agenda "

I've always wondered why the vast majority of this forum stay in Buenos Aires and don't return to Yanquiland and set up shop in Alabama where their 1880 views of the world are still held up.

"the tranny agenda "

I've always wondered why the vast majority of this forum stay in Buenos Aires and don't return to Yanquiland and set up shop in Alabama where their 1880 views of the world are still held up.

It’s the party mouth piece Pagina 12, what kind of coverage on gender or political based issues do you expect? They nor their policies can ever be wrong.

This, exactly. And C5N is, if anything, even worse, Welcome to Argentina.

"the tranny agenda "

It's disappointing seeing people trivialize the struggles of others, whether it is this comment, or the person in the article using a system established with the intent (albeit imperfect) of redressing discrimination trans people face to skirt abuse accusations. Even if you believe transgender people are choosing to be trans, are mentally ill, or are "doing it for attention" why opt to be mean spirited? Their choices don't effect you...

This, exactly. And C5N is, if anything, even worse, Welcome to Argentina.
For the record the hypocrisy I see is the type of stories P12 chooses to give coverage to and the issues it’s readers choose to call out as “blatant hypocrisy”.

I don’t see the original story as an issue of gender identity, which I am an advocate of. It’s to do with laws and penalties applicable to gender based violence affecting women. While it is a massive issue in Argentina, it exposes the fact that treating violence differently under the law according to gender (as championed by many in the P12 sphere recently) doesn’t take away the violence element from society and it simply gives violent perpetrators an incentive to look for new gaps in the law to “mitigate” their crimes by playing tricks such as this. As if it somehow changes the bruises they left on their victim (which by now, absurdly, seems like a lesser issue)

For me, violence is the issue that needs to be tackled more harshly by the law, regardless of who attacks who, while victim support, which still needs to be more focused on at-risk groups including gender based groups, is something that needs to be provided more readily by institutions of the state to detect and give victims confidence to denounce violence and overcome to physiological scars of it.

This is really funny. They literally wrote the article to highlight a guy who is scamming the system, yet still go along with his scam in a sense. They are afraid that if they called him Eduardo in the article people would tell them to move to Alabama, even though it's clear this guy did it for legal reasons.

I've read other cases of Argentines who identified as transgender to retire early and take advantage of the benefits it gives them. Argentines are masters at finding loopholes and exploiting them, why the surprise that it's any different in this case?

We can actively promote a world of inclusion and respect for people without delving into these absurdities.

I object to the negative references to Alabama, for the record.

I don't think you should call someone a tranny; but I also think people should try to make do with the plumbing they have. The altar of tolerance is spinning out some crazy stuff these days. No thanks.

This is really funny. They literally wrote the article to highlight a guy who is scamming the system, yet still go along with his scam in a sense. They are afraid that if they called him Eduardo in the article people would tell them to move to Alabama, even though it's clear this guy did it for legal reasons.

I've read other cases of Argentines who identified as transgender to retire early and take advantage of the benefits it gives them. Argentines are masters at finding loopholes and exploiting them, why the surprise that it's any different in this case?

We can actively promote a world of inclusion and respect for people without delving into these absurdities.

There is nothing 'absurd' about this law. It could usea bit of discretion to ensure the person using it isn't just blatantly bullshitting like this in this instance.

The absurd thing is that there's different laws regarding retirement for men and women in the first place. Those regarding gender-based violenced are also well-meaning but I see no reason why you can't just punish abusers and killers with the same laws that apply to everyone. If gender is an exacerbating factor then let the judge or jury take that into consideration when sentencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
prettejohn Expat Life 1
Back