Vegan Delivery Food In Buenos Aires

delectablesbydaphne

Registered
Dear Expats,

My name is Daphne Mendizabal and I am thinking about doing business in Argentina. I. Basically, I am taking a poll to see who would be interested in having a 100% vegan and 100% organic delivery service in the greater BA area. You can take a look at my website and see if it is something of interest, delectablesbydaphne.com.Thank you. All responses are extremely valuable.

I think it could work, as I see more and more interest being shown in healthier vegan eating. There was a place 5-7 years ago that offered vegetarian burgers/food called Green Monster which I used to order from 2-3 times a week.

All I can say is that starting any business in Argentina is not for the faint of heart. :rolleyes:

I think it could work, as I see more and more interest being shown in healthier vegan eating. There was a place 5-7 years ago that offered vegetarian burgers/food called Green Monster which I used to order from 2-3 times a week.
please let me know if you are able to see my website since I currently reside in Los Angeles

https://tastybitesnextdoor.wixsite.com/delectablesbydaphne
All I can say is that starting any business in Argentina is not for the faint of heart. :rolleyes:
Thank you for your reply and I agree.

I didn’t have any problems going to your link the first time. The only doubt I had was regarding prices. I think Argentineans now are kind of price-sensitive, understandably to offer this type of product/service you have to charge for the quality, etc, but maybe you could do a study on what people would be willing to spend?

I didn’t have any problems going to your link the first time. The only doubt I had was regarding prices. I think Argentineans now are kind of price-sensitive, understandably to offer this type of product/service you have to charge for the quality, etc, but maybe you could do a study on what people would be willing to spend?
Tha'ts very true. I started this type of business from my home in Los Angeles in a very affluent community. Working professionals, stay at home mom's, and retires individuals. They opted for vegan 100% organic meals that were homemade delivered to their home since traffic here is really bad and took them away from the same taste of food offered by places like wholefoods.

I resided in la Recoleta from 2010 to 2013. I am sure that things have changed but that is why I am taking a poll :)

I don't think that it's possible fo make any money with this type of business in BA.
I am a vegetarian and have lived in Recoleta for a number of years. Until a few years ago, good quality produce was available from about a dozen produce stores that I could walk to from my house, 6 days a week. Never on Sunday.Times have changed. Now, fresh produce is is fineon Monday and Tuesday. Later in the week I find myself going on a scavanger hunt. T'ain't fun. My thinking is that much of locally grown produce is exported.
I would think that most of your customers would be young workers,many of whom would work in downtown. If you were to deliver the meals, who would be a the residence to accept and pay for the food?.
A great many of the people would probably want their meals at the same time.
How would you deliver the food? Moto? taxi?
Do you know about food prices in BA? higher than a great many cities in EEUU and Europe
Although I read about an organic healthy market, this Saturday evening, I have no idea where one could buy organic produce on a daily baisis.Would the products really be organic? I'm sure that the prices would be outrageous.
To break even, you would have to charge such high prices that few people would be interested

Good luck..

Back