Verification of Residence Process? (Certificado de Domicilio?)

Argento

Registered
Possibly need to obtain some sort of proof of residency, home country is asking for "proof of residency" for an application, vague in their details as they do not know the processes in Argentina.
Not refering to the longer process of actually obtaining full residency, but instead just some sort of basic proof of address here. Seems bills will not cut it though, they want something from an official office.
Searching, I found the following quoted below. Can anyone who as done this confirm this is fully correct, or if there is anything missing?
I'd imagine you also need to show a passport for example. What about a rental contract? Possibly not. Sounds like it's just a simple procedure.

What types of typical scenarios would require this document in Argentina?
Is it something foreigners typically request? Or would the office find it odd and out of the ordinary in asking for such a thing?

Verification of Residence.
You have to go to your local police station and ask for a Certificado de domicilio. They will make you fill out a form, pay 10 pesos and then a police officer will come to your house within 72 hours to confirm that you actually live there. Simple enough.
Thanks for any help.

I had to present a Certificado de Domicilio to ANSES when applying for my maternity leave as they wouldn't accept bills or any other confirmation of address. The process was as simple as the above quote. I went to the local police station, filled in a form, paid my $10 at that time and the next day the policeman came around and talked to my doorman to confirm that I actually lived there. The certificate was handed over to my doorman on the spot. It may not be this simple at all police stations, they may actually want to speak to you or a family member. My police station is literally around the corner from our building so the policemen know our doormen and vice versa.

It's a quite simple process as described above.

They might ask to which authorities will you present this and include/specify it in the certificate.

You might also want to email/fax a copy as soon as you get it. Even before you have it translated/notarized. Methinks the certificates are valid (locally only) for a few days.

Back