Video Of Ba In The 1950's

Joe

Registered
Flying the El Conquistador down to Baires in the 1950's where the world's largest swimming pool, the largest city in the world with no traffic lights, and an American embassy before the advent of the Evil Empire without a fence!

I'm heading to the Cayay - Yippy Ya Yay - Flor -ry-dah to buy an Alligator Bag which is surprisingly cheap in Beautiful Buenos Aires's Golden Age.

Romantic Buenos Aires in the 1930's:

Hahahahahaha! The pedestrians crossed the road whenever and where-ever they wanted and god help the motor car driver who dared challenge them. Wow, some things never change ...
I was thinking it was rather reversed now though- the cars accelerate and go honking through and god help any pedestrian who tries to assert their right of way even at a crosswalk.

I was thinking it was rather reversed now though- the cars accelerate and go honking through and god help any pedestrian who tries to assert their right of way even at a crosswalk.

I hate to disagree with you but……in my experience, if you are in a crosswalk and have the light the cars will always give the pedestrian the right of way. If the car can pass without slowing down the pedestrian he will do so. But I have never had a car honk and cut me off if the light is with me.

If you are crossing mid block, then the pedestrian has to look out for the cars and rightly so.

Where is this swimming pool that is the largest in the world?

I hate to disagree with you but……in my experience, if you are in a crosswalk and have the light the cars will always give the pedestrian the right of way. If the car can pass without slowing down the pedestrian he will do so. But I have never had a car honk and cut me off if the light is with me.

If you are crossing mid block, then the pedestrian has to look out for the cars and rightly so.
I'm constantly getting cut off by people turning right into crosswalks or corners where I'm trying to cross, especially if there are no lights. i.e., if I'm walking along a street and want to cross an intersection, I'd damn well look behind me and make sure nobody is coming, that I have eye contact, and know for certain they plan to let me walk, or I'm fairly sure I wouldn't be here to make this post.

It is a common occurrence for me to "command" my space when walking the crosswalks. I keep walking even when the cars or buses are pushing their way through. I've lost count of the number of bus-driver's windows and car hoods I've slapped. I've dented more than one hood of driver's who acted like they could push their way through me anyway.

I think I would have felt right at home here in BA in 1950. :)

Recording of Dirt Boy crossing the street in BA:

http://youtu.be/c412hqucHKw

Back