Visa and Citizenship clarifications

Anyone knows if any of the oficios for the citizenship need to be "picked up" by the person and brought to the institution? For instance, the oficio to the local comisaria and for the fingerprints? Is it something that you do personally or it's sent to them by the secretary?

Anyone knows if any of the oficios for the citizenship need to be "picked up" by the person and brought to the institution? For instance, the oficio to the local comisaria and for the fingerprints? Is it something that you do personally or it's sent to them by the secretary?
Some publish at the PJN website, some ask you to pick them up.

Bajo has his unorthodox methods. They may or they may not always work. The answers below are based on my experience:

1. You need 2 years of legal temporary or permanent residency. Not transitory/tourist visa. Before 2017 it might have worked trying out with just a tourist stamp/visa but the current regulations explicitly state that you can apply only with 2 years of temporary or permanent residency at the time of application.
2. Irrelevant. The judge may or may not ask Migraciones for your "movements" but as long as you were legally admitted and have spent more than 50% of those 2 years in Argentina it's fine.
3. Well duh.
4. Nope.
5. It's 30,000 ARS per month CURRENTLY at the time of application for the rentista visa/residency. That amount could change anytime.
6. Some judges might agree to take on your case with 1 year and 1 day in Argentina BUT most will just reject it.

My advice. If you really want to be an ARG citizen, get your papers in order, get a residency. 2 years after apply for the citizenship. It would take 12-24 months (18 average) after you start the process in court. So you are looking at 3-4 years total from getting the residency to citizenship.

Alternatively, you can hire a lawyer like Bajo and try your luck out without meeting all the requirements. But you'd be responsible to cover their fees and there are no guarantees your case will be accepted or approved.
Does the USA have a problem with duel citizenship

Well I finally got the first step complete, but it might be too late with the new restrictions coming. When I spoke to the Consulate over a month ago here in the US, they said it was still possible to get a student visa and enter Argentina. I just now got everything that I need from the university to request the appointment. I enrolled in a full 3 year program that actually started this week. Of course with covid it is all virtual. But now I fear with new restrictions coming the consulate probably won't process the request for the visa.

Back