Visa expiration date

Jteee

Registered
Hi,

Since the introduction of digital stamps over physical ones, how do I find out when my tourist visa expires online? I presume that I was given 90 days but I want to be certain to plan my reluctant return to Europe

Check the email address you provided on entry. Migraciones sends you a comprobante de transito on entry that explicitly tells you the expiry date of your visa.

I've never received an e-mail from Migraciones, personally, but you can search for your visa info here: https://www.migraciones.gov.ar/transitos/
Thank you for that, I too never received an email. I arrived on Colonia Express a couple months ago from Montevideo. I entered my details in that site but it didn’t work. Am I safe to assume 90 days and take enough pesos in case of an overstay when I depart? I’ll be taking a ferry back to Uruguay in a few weeks, just shy of the 90 days presuming I received it

Thank you for that, I too never received an email. I arrived on Colonia Express a couple months ago from Montevideo. I entered my details in that site but it didn’t work. Am I safe to assume 90 days and take enough pesos in case of an overstay when I depart? I’ll be taking a ferry back to Uruguay in a few weeks, just shy of the 90 days presuming I received it
Also, NB, I‘ll be continuing from Uruguay to Spain, not for a visa run but to return to the UK for the forseeable, sadly

Am I safe to assume 90 days and take enough pesos in case of an overstay when I depart?
In your shoes, that's what I would do? If you can't enter the right combination of details to get your entry to pop-up, I'm not sure what other options you have.

Am I safe to assume 90 days and take enough pesos in case of an overstay when I depart? I’ll be taking a ferry back to Uruguay in a few weeks, just shy of the 90 days presuming I received it
Be sure to include the day you arrived in the 90 day count.

If you leave "just shy" of the 90th day you shouldn't have anything to worry about...

... including being "stuck" with thousands of pesos you probably won't be able to spend outside of Argentina.

Hi,

Since the introduction of digital stamps over physical ones, how do I find out when my tourist visa expires online? I presume that I was given 90 days but I want to be certain to plan my reluctant return to Europe
Based on your previous posts I presume you have visa-free access to Argentina in which case you WILL have an automatic 90 days plus the option to renew for another 90. I don't bother looking up that stuff: I just work it out for myself - though I admit a pencil and a scrap of paper helps. On departure I used to carry proof of my arrivals and departures just in case I were challenged but the simple truth - at least in my case - is that the system works and they know exactly when I come and go.

Be sure to include the day you arrived in the 90 day count.

If you leave "just shy" of the 90th day you shouldn't have anything to worry about...

... including being "stuck" with thousands of pesos you probably won't be able to spend outside of Argentina.
I arrived on a Sunday so I think I will book my ferry for Thursday (13 weeks less 3 days = 88 days to be safe)

Based on your previous posts I presume you have visa-free access to Argentina in which case you WILL have an automatic 90 days plus the option to renew for another 90. I don't bother looking up that stuff: I just work it out for myself - though I admit a pencil and a scrap of paper helps. On departure I used to carry proof of my arrivals and departures just in case I were challenged but the simple truth - at least in my case - is that the system works and they know exactly when I come and go.
Yes, I come from the UK though I wasn’t 100% sure because I spent almost 90 days here from September til December last year. Thanks for the reassurance, I am sad to leave. Though I hope to spend the last birthday of my twenties visiting Iguazu before I leave

Back