Visa Extension in Bariloche

hutch85

Registered
Hello all,

I have a question about extending my tourist visa. I have been in the country for 83 days as of today, March 30th. I am currently living in Bariloche and am slated to start traveling with a friend on April 10th, doing a road trip loop along Ruta 40 and Carretera Austral, crossing back and forth from Chile to Argentina. The day we leave, the 10th, will be my 94th day in country and I will have overstayed my visa. My question is, should I try and go to Chile and come back before hand. I think a bus ride to Puerto Montt and back would cost about 70 USD, or renew at the immigrations office? Normally, I would just let it sit and leave the country 4 days late to see what happens, but I plan on coming back into Argentina regularly during the trip, so I want to remain legal for re-entry. Any suggestions?

Patrick

I think you will have to pay some kind of fee anyway, but the immigaration office in Bariloche is a piece of cake. Usually only 1 or 2 people in line.

I'm getting ready to visit Bariloche in June (2013). My family and I will need to extend our tourist visas (from USA) while on this trip. Can you tell me the easiest way (see: least amount of time/money) to accomplish this while I am there? Preferably, we'd like to be able to go on a day trip or something and come back. Any help would be much appreciated as we want to have legal status while we apply for more permanent residence status.

I think you will have to pay some kind of fee anyway, but the immigaration office in Bariloche is a piece of cake. Usually only 1 or 2 people in line.

If you decide to go to Chile, you only need to go to Osorno, not Puerto Montt, and come right back. That'll save you a couple hours in each direction, but not much money.

Back