Visa/ fees for not renewing

Wesley Irwin

Registered
Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me the exact fee charged to US citizens for not renewing a travelers visa within 3 months. Also, is the fee charged upon leaving or reentry? I am assuming upon departure.

Thanks,
Wesley

You will pay $300 pesos before they let you go...

(Allow extra time at EZE to pay.)

Curious...brought this up in another thread too:

If the fee is $300 at the airport, and the fee is $300 if you do the (1) renewal a year at Migraciones, why bother going to Migraciones? Also, if a somewhat last minute roundtrip Buquebus costs $150+$150, again, it almost seems most economical to just pay the fee at the airport.

Quinn, it doesn't make any sense. It only used to make sense when the fee was a mere 50 pesos. Now it makes more sense to overstay and pay when you leave, unless you WANT to take a trip across the boder.

Quinn said:
Curious...brought this up in another thread too:

If the fee is $300 at the airport, and the fee is $300 if you do the (1) renewal a year at Migraciones, why bother going to Migraciones? Also, if a somewhat last minute roundtrip Buquebus costs $150+$150, again, it almost seems most economical to just pay the fee at the airport.

The extension of the tourist visa is only for 90 days and costs $300.

The annual renewal of a temporary resident visa costs $600.

Hello all,

Does the amount of the fee charged depend on the amount of time that one overstays his/her tourist visa? In other words, will I be charged the same 300 pesos if I overstay my visa by two years instead of two months?

Thanks!

amcarey said:
Hello all,

Does the amount of the fee charged depend on the amount of time that one overstays his/her tourist visa? In other words, will I be charged the same 300 pesos if I overstay my visa by two years instead of two months?

Thanks!

No difference, one day overstay or several years overstay, the same 300 pesos.

Back