Visa Fees Help!!!!!!

nicopr

Registered
Hello everyone, I am currently aplying for a non immigrant visa for my argentinian husband. Does anyone here have any idea on the payment options for the application form? I will be presenting form I-130 which costs $355.00 but I have been calling the US embassy and I cant seem to get anyone on the phone to tell me where I have to go and pay for this fee. If somebody here knows for sure, please let me know ASAP as I am presenting this today in the afternoon. Thanks a bunch in advance!!

I believe you pay in the consulate. I don't have any personal experience paying, but I saw people paying at a separate window.

Sorry for the late reply. I was just researching this right now for my fiance, and am getting so bummed out and overwhelmed. I want him to meet my family, but I can't tell if he is going to have to get a bunch of vaccinations, pay a bunch of money, do a bunch of paperwork, and be submitted to psychological testing! I hope yours goes well!

From the Embassy website,
NOTE: All fees are payable in cash (US dollars, or pesos at the Embassy's exchange rate), or international credit cards (except for Visa application fee, payable at any Banco Ciudad branch or any Link ATM and only in pesos)
OR
PROOF OF PAYMENT: Every visa applicant must submit an original bank receipt showing payment of the peso equivalent of the $140 USD visa application fee. You may pay this fee at any branch of Banco Ciudad de Buenos Aires or at any ATM that is part of the LINK network. The bank will let you know the current peso amount to be paid. Please remember that you must present the receipt that is labeled “Para la Embajada”. If you plan to do the payment through LINK ATMs, these are the steps you need to follow:
- Insert the card and enter your PIN
- Choose the option “PRESTAMOS Y OTROS SERVICIOS” on the screen
- Choose the option “PAGO VISADO PARA EEUU”
- Confirm the transaction.
- The ATM will provide a ticket that the applicant will have to present at the interview.
Note: Only the original receipt provided by the cashier at Banco Ciudad or the Link ATM will be accepted. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
IMPORTANT: Since June 4, 2010, the basic Non-Immigrant Visa fee costs USD140, which applicants may pay at Banco Ciudad or LINK ATM machines. Petition based visas (H, L, O, P, R) cost USD150. Applicants must pay the additional USD10 at the Consulate on the day of the interview.

Back