Visa for Brasil...what's the latest?

mmoon

Registered
I have read through the previous threads on this site, and it seems like the requirements for a Brazilian visa change pretty much according to the weather. :confused: Does anyone have an experience from the past month or so? I'm wondering what all I need to bring with me to get it "ASAP" (if such thing exists). Thanks...

I am guessing that your enquiry relates to US citizens? Just to make it easier to answer, maybe that should be clearer, not all ex-pats are from the US. Us Euro's don't need a visa for Brazil (if that helps)...

Liam, I think some citizens of eastern european countries need visas no? Anyway, the consulate has the listing of all countries that require a visa and the info required to get one.

For Canadians (and I assume Americans) it costs about $150 and a slew of random paperwork. If you get it here, expect to wait a few days. For a few dollars more, you can sometimes rush it ...

citygirl said:
Liam, I think some citizens of eastern european countries need visas no? Anyway, the consulate has the listing of all countries that require a visa and the info required to get one.

Apologies, I was imprecise too - What I was asking of course, was as to where the OP was from, as there is a false assumption by some, that only "Yankies" are Ex-Pats here (tongue very firmly in cheek here)....

Back