visa question

Richardhu

Registered
hi everyone,

i was living in argentina for almost 6 months with a renewed visa after 3 months.
i am planning to return to another 2-3 months in September. I left argentina in June and i am wondering if i leave the country i can have another 3 months tourist visa. i was told this is the case in migraciones i just wanna be sure.

appreciate all anwers

I left argentina in June and i am wondering if i leave the country i can have another 3 months tourist visa. i was told this is the case in migraciones i just wanna be sure.

Assuming you are now out of Argentina, are you asking if you can get a new 90 day "tourist visa" (aka the entry stamp) when you return?

No one gets "another 3 months tourist visa" if (or when) they leave the country, only when they enter.

Last edited:
sorry probably i misunderstood smthg. yes im out of the country and question is if i am able to spend another 2-3 months in argentina this year. thanks

sorry probably i misunderstood smthg. yes im out of the country and question is if i am able to spend another 2-3 months in argentina this year. thanks
According to the law no, but the immigration agents have freedom in the enforcement of the law or not.

Assuming you are now out of Argentina, are you asking if you can get a new 90 day "tourist visa" (aka the entry stamp) when you return?

No one gets "another 3 months tourist visa" if (or when) they leave the country, only when they enter.

yes im asking if i can get a new 90 days tourist visa when im back

yes im asking if i can get a new 90 days tourist visa when im back

No one can tell you with absolute certainly that will happen.

You indicated that you "renewed" your 90 day stamp during your previous visit but (technically) that isn't possible.

You either extended it at migraciones by getting a prorroga de permanencia or you got a new 90 day stamp by going to Uruguay.

Either way, as Bajo_cero2 indicated in his answer to your question if you can get a new 90 day tourist visa when you return:

According to the law no, but the immigration agents have freedom in the enforcement of the law or not.

I just read the posts you make in the other thread you started, so I know that you got a new 90 day visa by going to Uruguay last year.

I don't think anyone has ever posted that they were denied reentry after one "visa run" to Uruguay and then leaving the country for at least three months, so the best answer I can provide is that you will probably get what you want.

PS: I also read Tom's answer about being given less time if you have already been in the country during the previous year:

The way I understand it you are allowed to be in Argentina 180 days out of a year. It can be in 2 90day increments or many small increments. I believe that everytime you come back you will get a 90 day visa until there is less than 90 days left in your year at which time you will get a xx day visa. T/

Using his example, and if the immigration official was applying the letter of the law, if you had been in the country 170 days during the previous year, and even if you left the country for three month, you would only be given 10 days when you return, but I don't remember ever reading any other posts that indicate this has actually happened.

Last edited:
The way I understand it you are allowed to be in Argentina 180 days out of a year. It can be in 2 90day increments or many small increments. I believe that everytime you come back you will get a 90 day visa until there is less than 90 days left in your year at which time you will get a xx day visa.T/

Though I haven't read about this procedure in any other post, in case anyone get's a 90 day prorroga de permanencia from migraciones, I think it's worth mentioning that making a visa run to Uruguay and returning before the prorroga expires will not result in getting a new 90 day stamp, as border agents cannot override a prorroga.

thanks a lot for the informations. what would happen if i overstay. what consequences would i have.

Back