Visa renewal

skolka

Registered
My original tourist visa is supposed to expire July 29 (90 days). Today I went to Colonia, Uruguay for the day. When I returned, I did not receive a new stamp in my passport from Argentina ( Uruguay put two stamps entry, exit in my passport).

My question do I now have an extra 90 days which would expire around October 12 ( I will return to America on October 3).
Or do I have to pay the overstay fee when I fly out.

Does it matter if there is no stamp, or is it all done by computer now.

I went to uraguay for extension of visa and to get American dollars from ATM, was a limit of $300 per transaction ( it came in $100 bills, older ones not with blue stripe, but bills in good shape)

Any advice would be helpful.

sts7049

Registered
they arent doing stamps anymore, it's electronic

if i were you i wouldn't push your luck doing visa runs.

Rich One

Registered
My original tourist visa is supposed to expire July 29 (90 days). Today I went to Colonia, Uruguay for the day. When I returned, I did not receive a new stamp in my passport from Argentina ( Uruguay put two stamps entry, exit in my passport).

My question do I now have an extra 90 days which would expire around October 12 ( I will return to America on October 3).
Or do I have to pay the overstay fee when I fly out.

Does it matter if there is no stamp, or is it all done by computer now.

I went to uraguay for extension of visa and to get American dollars from ATM, was a limit of $300 per transaction ( it came in $100 bills, older ones not with blue stripe, but bills in good shape)

Any advice would be helpful.

Good info on $300 US ATM limit per extraction , is this per day? . Some years ago we used to try ATM's at different banks with different cards. Still the local fee is US$5 on $300 ? plus the Fee from the US the Credit Card for an International extraction....?
Older bills will be cashed here at a discount (10% or less?)

Last edited:

skolka

Registered
Good info on $300 US ATM limit per extraction , is this per day? . Some years ago we used to try ATM's at different banks with different cards. Still the local fee is US$5 on $300 ? plus the Fee from the US the Credit Card for an International extraction....?
Older bills will be cashed here at a discount (10% or less?)
No, you can do more than one transaction. However, the fee was $6 dollars each My bank will refund fees

skolka

Registered
they arent doing stamps anymore, it's electronic

if i were you i wouldn't push your luck doing visa runs.
This is the first one I ever did. I will fly to America in October for a month then return in November. Next time I will see if I can get an extension from immigration

Monkey King

Registered
I did that visa run in May, & will do the same again to get more USD @ ATM.
The peps a immigration at the ferries don't care. they were positive I can visa run again.
(p.s. I will over stay after this, its too much hassle)