Visa Run Query

coopsgeyer

Registered
Hey guys,

I need to do a Visa run as my stay in Argentina will run out three days before I leave back to Australia. I was thinking about going to Colonia for the day, but I'm just wondering if it will count if I'm there just for the day or will I need to stay the night? Also, if I'm leaving three days after my stay runs out is there anyway of getting around this without leaving?

Cheers,
Coop

Hey guys,

I need to do a Visa run as my stay in Argentina will run out three days before I leave back to Australia. I was thinking about going to Colonia for the day, but I'm just wondering if it will count if I'm there just for the day or will I need to stay the night? Also, if I'm leaving three days after my stay runs out is there anyway of getting around this without leaving?

If you mean getting around this without leaving Argentina to get a new 90 day visa, the answer is yes.

You can overstay your present visa and pay the overstay fee of $4500 pesos at the airport prior to your departure.

If you do overstay, there is no way of getting around paying the overstay fee.

If you decide to overstay, be sure to pay the fee before you check in, even if the airline employees don´t insist on it.

They will be fined $300,000 pesos if they don´t.

Last edited:
If you decide to overstay, be sure to pay the fee before you check in, even if the airline employees don´t insist on it.

They will be fined $300,000 pesos if they don´t.

And your overstay fee will increase to $15000 pesos...which must be paid before you return to Argentina...if ever.

check getting prorroga option on migraciones site. posted the conditions below, it's 2700, saves you a few bucks. you don't need to stay in Colonia overnight, but if it's cheaper or the same as prorroga you might as well go - it's small and not very exciting, but you can spend a few hours there before you get bored.

Last edited:
check getting prorroga option on migraciones site. posted the conditions below, it's 2700, saves you a few bucks. you don't need to stay in Colonia overnight, but if it's cheaper or the same as prorroga you might as well go - it's small and not very exciting, but you can spend a few hours there before you get bored.

That´s a GREAT suggestion! It would save $1800 pesos!

The prorroga can be applied for at the offfice of migraciones from 8 AM to 2 PM up to ten days prior to the expiration of the current visa.

An advance turno on line is not required.

Last edited:
Back