Visa Run Question (Yeah I Know Another One!)

babababa

Registered
Hi guys,

i have searched around these forums (really i have!) and i cant find the information i need.

Super simple. I am here on a 90 day tourist visa, first one. It expires in about 30 days and i want to get another 90 days at the end of that.

I know i can go to immigration and get an extension. But i have never been to uruguay and the idea of a few days exploring there sounds quite appealing compared to sitting in immigration.

I have seen topics on here about the visa runs not being "valid". Could someone clear this up for me? What does that mean exactly? I always thought the stamp in your passport is the permission to be here - and unless that gets revoked it is ok?

It sounds strange to me that immigration would give you a visa exepmtion that was not valid?

I am probably missing something here so any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Ok great thanks. and would it be pretty unheard of for some to get turned away on their first visa run?

im not even doing a next day run. Think i will be ok?

Yeah i saw that thanks, but its from 2012 - wanted to get some updated info.

If you can take some time and take a break around Punta Del Este and then up to Punta Diablo and other Northern Coast destinations. It is utterly pristine and worth a few days if like coast line tourism.

If you can take some time and take a break around Punta Del Este and then up to Punta Diablo and other Northern Coast destinations. It is utterly pristine and worth a few days if like coast line tourism.

Can endorse this advice, north of Punta Del Este has some great spots. I spent a couple of months up there a while back and could have stayed for a lot longer.

Back