Visa run

normaml

Registered
Hey guys,

I have have been living in Argentina on and off for the past few years. I have mostly been doing visa runs. I have also done a couple of extensions and overstayed once. My passport is full of mostly Argentina-Uruguay stamps.
My visa will expire very soon and I am considering my options. I would like to stay for one more year and also have the option to return once I leave.
On my last visa run I traveled to Chile through Mendoza. I am trying to avoid Ezeiza and Colonia. I am wondering if anyone has traveled to Uruguay through Entre Rios recently? Is it fairly relaxed and good for a run?
Also in general, What are people doing these days? Still visa runs? Overstaying?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I think that there are very few expats in BA that are making visa runs, these days.Most expats have DNI's or after staying 90 days,,go back to where they came from. .

Yes, A DNI would make my life much easier but I have yet to find a way to obtain one

Well you certainly must like it here a lot to go through all that rigmarole every so often. I'd have given up ages ago.

Not having a DNI was a blessing in disguise.
Before i moved to BA, I had visited 36 countries. Since moving here, I have visited 36 more..
Everything as fine, until came time to sell my apartment.Then it got a littlemessey. .

Back