Visa To Brazil And New Scanning Requirement

Alicia karr

Registered
Hi forum members. I'm going a bit crazy. I'm trying to get a tourist visa as a us citizen.but it says that you have to have all the documents SCANNED into the application (as of August of this year). I don't have a scanner. Anyone have any recent experience (since September) with this or know what I can do?

any local copia place or locutorio will have a scanner, and charge you a few pesos to scan something for you. Within two blocks of me, on Santa Fe, there are probably 5 places that will do this. Even many newer copy machines also scan.

I agree with Ries. CamScanner is a great app though. You can save in PDF or JPG and it formats really well. I have been using for years. Particularly when I don't have the ganas to use my flatbed scanner.

I have not used a real scanner for years

Love the cam on my samsung galaxy along with the scan apps

Ya it seems smartphones are the new scanners. I've been using "Scannable" by Evernote (you don't have to be an evernote user to use it). You take a photo of the document, and you can email it to yourself or someone else as a JPG or PDF.

any local copia place or locutorio will have a scanner, and charge you a few pesos to scan something for you. Within two blocks of me, on Santa Fe, there are probably 5 places that will do this. Even many newer copy machines also scan.

Avda Pueyrredon bet. Arenales and Av, Santa Fe opposite Swiss medical they scan your docs.and either load the files to your pendrive or email it to you.

I need to be able to add the scanned images to an online document. Can I do this if the document is on my iPad by simply saving them as photos? (should they be saved as jpeg or PDF?) Will it give me an option to resize, do it automatically or will I be able to resize them to fit in the spaces provided using the iPad or iPhone? Ive downloaded Evernote app now, thanks! This new Brazil visa requires doing the online document which asks for the scanned photo (I'm hoping it will work with the photos app and scannable.) and a scanned signature. I already took photos of them both saved as PDFs and added to my photos, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to insert them...anyone available for emergency "tech support" if I encounter unsolvable roadblocks? I'd rather do it myself then go to a locatorio as I'm worried about the sometimes complex world of pcs which I don't know anything about.
Also Be forewarned that the tourist visa to Brazil for US citizens is looking like its about 3000 pesos...
All this hassle to go to my son's wedding!

It should be at official rate in ARS. (You're eligible for citizenship with your current status...cheaper than visas if you submit the papers yourself. Takes longer but not much harder than a visa) ;)

Back