Visas to stay longer?

doubleup_dan

Registered
So I am from the uk and am married to an Argie. We have be spending 6 months en each country for the last 10 years and I haven’t had any ideas coming in on a tourist visa.

But now she is worried that at some point I may be denied entry coz we go back and forth so much.

So I was wondering what are my options in terms of visas? At the moment we are still going back and forth and I don’t plan to stay in Argentina full time at the moment.

She did a quick search online and nacionalidad por naturalización came up. Is that what I need?

If you have always played by the rules, the consensus here is that you should not have a problem provided that the rules themselves don't change in future. Citizenship by way of being married to an Argentine is probably the easiest way and a search on this forum will show you lots of information about the pros and cons.

If you have always played by the rules, the consensus here is that you should not have a problem provided that the rules themselves don't change in future. Citizenship by way of being married to an Argentine is probably the easiest way and a search on this forum will show you lots of information about the pros and cons.
In fact, you are wrong. This is “abuse of tourist visa” and it is not legal.
Citizenship is the best option. You are going to need a lawyer because you do not have the uninterrupted residency required by the 2 Federal Prosecutors.
Permanent residency is a problem for you because it is considered abandoned if you travel before the DNI is issued.

It 2017, I got married in August and I had my DNI for permanent residency in hand by November. I also traveled for 2 weeks during the process. All I had to do was go to immigrations and tell them I was leaving the country so they could give me a new precaria. I didn't even use a lawyer. Maybe the rules have changed, I don't know. You could probably do the exact same process, provided that you can spend 3-4 months straight in Argentina with a little bit of wiggle room in case it takes longer.

Permanent residency is a problem for you because it is considered abandoned if you travel before the DNI is issued.

but precaria explicitly allows international travel. Thus it should be perfectly ok to travel with valid precaria while waiting for DNI, right?

but precaria explicitly allows international travel. Thus it should be perfectly ok to travel with valid precaria while waiting for DNI, right?

My experience is that you can leave Argentina with a precaria, but you have to be in Argentina when you renew your precaria. Ask me how I got platinum status on American Airlines :)

It 2017, I got married in August and I had my DNI for permanent residency in hand by November. I also traveled for 2 weeks during the process. All I had to do was go to immigrations and tell them I was leaving the country so they could give me a new precaria. I didn't even use a lawyer. Maybe the rules have changed, I don't know. You could probably do the exact same process, provided that you can spend 3-4 months straight in Argentina with a little bit of wiggle room in case it takes longer.
I am normally in Argentina for 3-4 months in a row. Is that long enough it get it all done then?

In fact, you are wrong. This is “abuse of tourist visa” and it is not legal.
Citizenship is the best option. You are going to need a lawyer because you do not have the uninterrupted residency required by the 2 Federal Prosecutors.
I was under the impression from reading this forum that 6 months in a 12 month period was not a problem?

I was under the impression from reading this forum that 6 months in a 12 month period was not a problem?
Unless something has recently changed, I don't see how spending just under six months of the year in Argentina would constitute abuse of the tourist visa, no matter how many years you have done so.

What is unclear is if two years of uninterrupted physical presence in Argentina is now required for citizenship.

Unless something has recently changed, I don't see how spending just under six months of the year in Argentina would constitute abuse of the tourist visa, no matter how many years you have done so.

What is unclear is if two years of uninterrupted physical presence in Argentina is now required for citizenship.
The DNU 70/2017 and previously the decree 616/2010 created this absurd fraud to the visa. I have read deportation orders for abusing the tourist visa.
The uninterrupted residency is requiered by the prosecutors but not accepted by the Chamber of appeals.

Back