Visit doctor with precaria

sternum

Registered
I had plan to go back to Europe, but now I have to wait for my DNI. I therefore need some medicin I usually get. Can I go to a doctor with my precaria? And how does it work with health system and DNI? Grateful for answer.

If you are in Capital Federal you can go to the Faculdade de Medicinas in Recoleta (Paraguay and Cordoba)and consult a doctor without charge. They will ask you for your ID, so you should go with your passport and the precaria. Take a copy of your prescription with you if you have it or at least the container for the medicine with your name and the name of the medicine.

You can also go to any of a number of private hospitals and see a doctor but you'll have to pay. Hospital Britiana is reported to be cheaper than Hospital Aleman and should be fine just to get a prescription.

There are private and public health care plans in Argentina.If you are over 64.5 years of age the private plans will be expensive. If you want to access the public system after you receive your DNI I suggest you read this:

Free Health Coverage For All In The City Of Buenos Aires

Interest in URU getting into private over 55 is difficult and expensive. Here 64.5 that is a fairly significant age gap.

Interest in URU getting into private over 55 is difficult and expensive. Here 64.5 that is a fairly significant age gap.

Two years ago I asked at OSDE about insurance for a 68 y.o. friend. The cheapest policy was $17,000 pesos per month and full coverage was much higher.

Back